The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Maple Leafs @ Canucks - Dec 10, 2019 - 7pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

Jack in the box

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

All the major Canadian sports broadcasts are based out of Toronto. I wonder if it has anything to do with that? hmm.

Auston Matthews could break a finger nail and that would make front page on TSN.

He broke the glass with a shot in practice as a rookie and it was front page on TSN for a week for friks sake. Man I hope we take it to them tonight. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kerfoot grew up as a Canucks fan but never disliked the Leafs? Wha??? Nah, he wasn't a real fan.

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Yeah, how is that even possible , Canuck fan that doesn't hate the Leafs..... pffft!

a friendly Slewfoot to Kerfoot could be in order....

I don’t hate the Leafs (the team). Their fans on the other hand are unbearable. I’m sure the same could be said about us fans, if I lived in a different city and cheered on a different team.

Edited by shiznak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I am a Canucks fan and I absolutely despite the Leafs. They are the reason why Canadian teams don’t get equal amount of coverage. I have never been jealous of the Leafs. From the Phagoof and cheese-burger Kessel era to this current overpaid kids era, I will take my teams’ player over them all day everyday. Canucks at heart, Canucks all day everyday!

You kind of contradict yourself there, pal.

You are jealous of the Leafs because they get more coverage than any other Canadian market.

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I don’t hate the Leafs (the team). Their fans on the other hand are unbearable. I’m sure the same could be said about us fans, if I were lived in a different city and cheered on a different team.

I kind of agree with that. I actually dislike TSN and SN (TOR media) more than anything (their fans are a close second). The Leafs just happen to be the team they fawn over. If the Leafs were based in Kansas City, for example, meh, no one would care about them. It's the media that dissects everything they do that turns me off. They're trying so hard to make the Leafs Canada's team. Kind of pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, shiznak said:

You kind of contradict yourself there, pal.

You are jealous of the Leafs because they get more coverage than any other Canadian market.

No, it just means it isn't fair treatment. Jealous means you rather be the team getting all the attention and that is not the case. I just want fair media coverage for all teams.

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

Its been awhile when we've had a team that doesn't crater as soon as we get a few injuries because all we have are second rate AHLers to fill in. 

We have Motte and Sutter injured. Both have the confidence of Green. Schaller is also, this season, a competent forward. And still no forward that is being iced, with those three out,  is just a "fill in".  

Then we also have a third tier, we could call up again, Goldobin, Baertschi.  Same with defence.  We miss Edler obviously. but there's no panic on defence even with our top minute hog on the mend, even with the 5 and 6 D .  And with players like Rafferty waiting in the wings.

That's what we've missed for years now. The ability to at least tread water, when our inevitable injury train starts rolling starting in November every season, because we actually have the plug-n-play depth.

It's all PROOF that we did(over many yrs) execute a tactically-brilliant, Stealth-Rebuild!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I kind of agree with that. I actually dislike TSN and SN (TOR media) more than anything (their fans are a close second). The Leafs just happen to be the team they fawn over. If the Leafs were based in Kansas City, for example, meh, no one would care about them. It's the media that dissects everything they do that turns me off. They're trying so hard to make the Leafs Canada's team. Kind of pathetic.

18 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

No, it just means it isn't fair treatment. Jealous means you rather be the team getting all the attention and that is not the case. I just want fair media coverage for all teams.

i hate the leafs and the media attention they get as much as anyone, but it's simply business. supply and demand. 

1 in 6 canadians live in the gta.

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

we actually have the plug-n-play depth

I agree 100%

You forgot about Loui though. He has played hard this year when in the lineup. Obviously not worth the $ but examining his play, focusing only on his play and not the $, his effort level has been there.

Benning has done a great job building the depth you speak of.

2 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

I agree 100%

You forgot about Loui though. He has played hard this year when in the lineup. Obviously not worth the $ but examining his play, focusing only on his play and not the $, his effort level has been there.

Benning has done a great job building the depth you speak of.

Hey..you quoted me..but it was a different poster's material! I'd imagine world wars have kicked off over such historical inaccuracies?! Let's call it a technical glitch, assured I'll set record straight when I pen my memoirs...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tas said:

i hate the leafs and the media attention they get as much as anyone, but it's simply business. supply and demand. 

1 in 6 canadians live in the gta.

This is true, and unfortuante that they focus so much on one area. Canada is a big country, full of hockey fans. What it tells me is: as long as they get the GTA to tune in, they've done their job. I am not a fan of these things.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1