The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Feb. 02, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Bad shootout today.  Demko couldn't get it set up and he should get it set up rather than waiting for Hurricane to make its move and left some of the side open because he is not following the puck right.  Horvat is trying to be too cute.  He hadn't scored with dangle goal this year and why should he start now?  If he scored a dangle goal off the rush then we can start encourage him to get too cute with the puck for the shootout but this is not the time to try that when he is not too hot with the puck this season.  Overall, great game, I missed first two period but was able to catch the 3rd and Petterson did well with a bad angle shot that opened up against the grain.   For me, I personally hate the matinee games on the weekends.  I wouldn't mind if it's 4pm EST start, not 1pm or 2pm EST starting time.  Stupid Super Bowl weekend where no hockey games is on the evening and I haven't watched a Super Bowl game in 6 years.   I found it too boring.  LOL.

With the current run the Canucks have been on, if they had to take a loss, this is the best outcome.  

A competitive game even though it was the second of the back-to-back (morning starts too), with a single point earned and it was only against a team from a different conference.  

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Anyone else turn off the TV the second Bo missed. I was ready with the button. I hate shootouts so much 

They are not entertaining what so ever 

I grew up watching tie games. Nothing worse than a tie game. 

Cant keep playing forever in regular season games.

Shootouts after 5 mins 3 on 3 works. No better solution. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I think it time Loui is taken off that line. It was fun while it lasted. But Sutter or even Jake would be more effective imo 

4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games vs Boston since. becoming a Canuck? I think not

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I hate change. I don’t want them to change it. Like anything in the NHL I get tired of them trying to change rules.

I just don’t want them to get that far where they have to do the shootout lol

Edited by Devron44

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I like Friedman’s idea of 7 minutes 3 on 3 then a shootout. 

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Bad shootout today.  Demko couldn't get it set up and he should get it set up rather than waiting for Hurricane to make its move and left some of the side open because he is not following the puck right.  Horvat is trying to be too cute.  He hadn't scored with dangle goal this year and why should he start now?  If he scored a dangle goal off the rush then we can start encourage him to get too cute with the puck for the shootout but this is not the time to try that when he is not too hot with the puck this season.  Overall, great game, I missed first two period but was able to catch the 3rd and Petterson did well with a bad angle shot that opened up against the grain.   For me, I personally hate the matinee games on the weekends.  I wouldn't mind if it's 4pm EST start, not 1pm or 2pm EST starting time.  Stupid Super Bowl weekend where no hockey games is on the evening and I haven't watched a Super Bowl game in 6 years.   I found it too boring.  LOL.

Great points!  Bright side, is we got a pt.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Everyone try’s to do that Patrick Kane in shootouts. Just rip down there like your on a breakaway. I bet it’s more effective 

It does seem from the eye test that using speed on the shootout, works better on average than the slow right down and try a quick shot with no room at the end of the play.  Keep the goalie moving and having to track a fast puck. I think you're right, if players could hypnotize themselves into believing they were on a breakaway in a game, they'd do better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Morning games aren't usually our thing, this year we've won  few. Can't win em all, we'll happily take that hard earned point.

My only complaint is why did it have to be Williams, I hate that guy. Wish he'd have just retired.

He kinda did... and came back just in time to screw us.