The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

3 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

I dont really understand the need to load this team up with tweener after tweener. People act like the quarter season Schaller had at 500k of cap remaining was some huge weight lifted off this team's shoulders. He coulda been buried in the minors and had a negligible impact for the remainder of his contract.

Benning has a core and he's adding players to support it

• Cheers 1

I think it's a good trade. Toffoli already has good chemistry with Pearson.

Scoring is going to get harder from here on out. JB and the ownership wants to make the playoffs and once there, they think we can win a round or two since the teams in the Pacific are so close.

If that conditional pick is cheap, it would be nice to re-sign Toffoli, a former 30 goal scorer. 

Kings got a quality player back for their rebuild. IMO, Madden is close to making the jump to the NHL, probably 1 or 2 years max in the AHL after college is done. From Canucks' perspectives, they are set on C with EP-Horvat-Gaudette. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

Not disagreeing with you here 2288

they need to add some grit.  Watching the Vegas team on sportsnet right now..they gonna run them outta the building if they meetup in the playoffs. 

still several days to do something before TDL 

That’s my fear 

there is a book on us now and it’s to push us around early in the game And we all know how vicious the playoffs are 

we need a deterrent 

1 minute ago, runtzguy said:

I like this trade. Madden wasn't gonna sign with us anyways and Schaller is replaceable. The only thing of value is the second round pick which would be a low one since we are heading into the playoffs.

What makes u say madden wont sign with us. I think Rathbone won't sign with us. Wants to be close with fam prob

12 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah, its not a bad trade... but it isn't the right trade to make at this point in time for this team. 

With the Canucks on a bit of a slide and everyone in the Pacific picking up points the last few days, this feels like a response to concern about missing the playoffs altogether. 

You thinking we just pissed away two important assets?  If we do continue our very poor play and miss the playoffs you are 100% correct. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He's 2nd in PP points on 2nd unit behind Gaud and 1st in SH points. 

Plays PK and PP effectively since he isn't heavily relied on it.

Having a career year. He's been a 2nd line guy for us. Even when we got him last year he had like 9 goals in 18 games.

I like the guy but to me he is a third liner