The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

If the price is in the vicinity then Risto should be our target.  I would give them a package that includes DiPietro, Stecher +.  While he is not a defensive stalwart he brings great offense, speed and grit.  If Tryamkin only comes next year and we sign Bogo then we would have:

Edler Ristolainen 

Hughes Tanev

Bogosian Myers

That would give us two 1B pairings and a 2nd pairing.  Next year Tryamkin and a Joulevi come in as Tanev would be our own rental:

Hughes Myers

Edler Ristolainen 
Joulevi Tryamkin

End dream world........

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

If the price is in the vicinity then Risto should be our target.  I would give them a package that includes DiPietro, Stecher +.  While he is not a defensive stalwart he brings great offense, speed and grit.  If Tryamkin only comes next year and we sign Bogo then we would have:

Edler Ristolainen 

Hughes Tanev

Bogosian Myers

That would give us two 1B pairings and a 2nd pairing.  Next year Tryamkin and a Joulevi come in as Tanev would be our own rental:

Hughes Myers

Edler Ristolainen 
Joulevi Tryamkin

End dream world........

Risto would be a huge upgrade over any of our Rhd. Dude is a beast. Stats dont justify his play. He is just stuck in trash city. 

if i am buffalo i would want a grade A prospect. Stech is 3rd pairing guy, he would be a throw in for the deal not a primary target. 

Virtanen + Demko + Stech for Risto and reinhart.

Buffalo gets a projected all star goalie and top 6 player and canucks get a top 3 dman and top 6 player

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

Risto would be a huge upgrade over any of our Rhd. Dude is a beast. Stats dont justify his play. He is just stuck in trash city. 

if i am buffalo i would want a grade A prospect. Stech is 3rd pairing guy, he would be a throw in for the deal not a primary target. 

Buffalo gets a projected all star goalie and top 6 player and canucks get a top 3 dman and top 6 player

They don't need a goalie prospect and there's zero chance we get Reinhart as well for that.

Now Virtanen, Stecher and a prospect for Ristolainen.... Maybe.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I see us grabbing Bogosian..  Stetcher possibly moved for future consideration somewhere.

ZB was not picked up at 50% retained.. (2.5m).. today a UFA. We need less “peach fuzz”.

Barrie changes nothing.

I don’t know about Bogosian. If he can’t crack the lineup on a crappy Buffalo team, he may not do so well here. But hey, who knows? Sometimes players become rejuvenated when on a new team. He would essentially take the spot of Benn/Fatenberg

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t know about Bogosian. If he can’t crack the lineup on a crappy Buffalo team, he may not do so well here. But hey, who knows? Sometimes players become rejuvenated when on a new team. He would essentially take the spot of Benn/Fatenberg

I don’t think many players have any appreciation for playing in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Nuck1991 said:

He is dreadful in his own zone.  Not Barrie level bad, but bad enough I want no part of him.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Biasbieksa said:

Thought I heard rumours of Severson in NJ.

Anyone know what hes like?

Solid, physical, 2nd pair, two way RD with good size, decent if not overwhelming offense on a good contract. I'd happily add him for the right price.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Solid, physical, 2nd pair, two way RD with good size, decent if not overwhelming offense on a good contract. I'd happily add him for the right price.

These are the type of moves that JB is probably targeting. And really the moves that are going to help us out long term. D to me is a glaring need. - That last sentence is meant only in a hockey sense.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Biasbieksa said:

These are the type of moves that JB is probably targeting. And really the moves that are going to help us out long term. D to me is a glaring need. - That last sentence is meant only in a hockey sense.

That's why Josh Manson would be perfect :) but he brings that nasty side too and will stick up for his teammates and under contract for I think two or three more seasons and is younger. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

That's why Josh Manson would be perfect :) but he brings that nasty side too and will stick up for his teammates and under contract for I think two or three more seasons and is younger. 

Would cost a first round pick we can’t afford to give up.

1 hour ago, Biasbieksa said:

Thought I heard rumours of Severson in NJ.

Anyone know what hes like?

He's a good d-man getting asked to do too much for New Jersey, they likely expected or hoped he could replace Larsson. I think they were also hoping PK could take some of the pressure off but that hasn't seemed to happen. Very good contract for a guy that eats 22 minutes a game (last few games has played 27 minutes a game) and gives you 30-35 points with solid defensive play. Just turning 26 years old too so he could be on the team for many years to come.

If Benning is not interested in moving more picks it'll be hard to acquire him and not trade Virtanen or Boeser or a top end prospect like Podkolzin or Hoglander. Would have to imagine Stecher and Virtanen going the other way as the base of your deal. I'd be hesitant to move Boeser for Severson, I'd rather use Boeser to get Dumba.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He's a good d-man getting asked to do too much for New Jersey, they likely expected or hoped he could replace Larsson. I think they were also hoping PK could take some of the pressure off but that hasn't seemed to happen. Very good contract for a guy that eats 22 minutes a game (last few games has played 27 minutes a game) and gives you 30-35 points with solid defensive play. Just turning 26 years old too so he could be on the team for many years to come.

If Benning is not interested in moving more picks it'll be hard to acquire him and not trade Virtanen or Boeser or a top end prospect like Podkolzin or Hoglander. Would have to imagine Stecher and Virtanen going the other way as the base of your deal. I'd be hesitant to move Boeser for Severson, I'd rather use Boeser to get Dumba.

PK Subban in New Jersey is a crime.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

If Jake is in a deal for Severson I'd be ok with it. 26 year old, right side dman. Jake has some possible upside but I'm losing patience with him.