The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Hopefully more youth gets injected into the lineup, and the useless portion of the supposed veteran leadership (Roussel, Eriksson, and Sutter) are swapped out so that players who actually show commitment to earning a spot (MacEwen, Bailey) are given the same opportunity as Hughes and Gaudette have been 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

• Templeton Peck locked, unpinned, unfeatured and unlocked this topic
27 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Cap, prospects will need everyone to pan out, other teams getting better or already finished there rebuild. I just don't see it,hope I'm wrong.

same for every team. We've got some kick-ass kids coming into the system. Podkolzin is going to fit right in.

Our biggest need is defence, even with Hughes, but I suggest you take a longer look at what Rathbone is turning into. We might have a McAvoy on our hands there. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Feels bad my dude.. what else have you been wrong about 

16D5DCB5-645D-44B7-ABA8-825B5A8F6DC1.png

Probably lots, I get drunk every game day and don’t remember everything, it’s also a long ride on the wagon when we miss the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Yea it's one thing to have a difference of opinions. Everyone here is entitled to express said opinions, both positive and negative. And others are allowed to criticize those opinions too. But the name calling is just really, really sad. For those on here who are 12 years and under, that's fine. But the rest of us who are grown adults should be ashamed of ourselves.

Some posters make a habit of their posts attacking the person, but include just enough of a reference to the Canucks/subject to keep it civil, but it’s still an obvious contravention and I’m not sure why it’s an accepted culture or discourse, but it is. 

As soon as you see the ad hominem or the straw man argument set out, or as soon it’s is something referring to “you”, it’s personal. 

The past dozen pages or so have examples on every page on what I consider to be, as defined by the sites rules, personal attacks. It makes posting here a choir when you have to read or absorb them. We can be better as a group. 

That is what this support group for Canuck fans is... a distraction where people take their misplaced angst out on fellow fans. :towel:Maybe it is. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Hurt brains?

That's a good point. I generally like the element that Roussel brings to the table, but that penalty was uber-stupid.

The PK sucked, but there was no reason to put them in a position to suck....again....

To make it worse, Shorty and Cheech we talking earlier about how bad the Jackets' OT record is.....the 'Nucks just had to get it there....<_<

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Some posters make a habit of their posts attacking the person, but include just enough of a reference to the Canucks/subject to keep it civil, but it’s still an obvious contravention and I’m not sure why it’s an accepted culture or discourse, but it is. 

The past dozen pages or so have examples on every page on what I consider to be, as defined by the sites rules, personal attacks. It makes posting here a choir when you have to read or absorb them. We can be better as a group. 

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

We all had to follow the GDT thread; all had to witness that tedious little battle of the brains. 

Pretty sure I’m not the only poster who knows you’re full of crap here, Mr. Facts. :bigblush:

07D47268-76BC-4572-94BC-2AAB7553F755.gif.8446b3875ae3168f27b26e8de03ea41f.gif

• Cheers 1