The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

hmm  I have watched for years and never seen it , but you could be right.  anyways the chances of our good players blocking shots on the pk makes me shudder on how many more injuries  we would have like Stamkos

I also think Crow wanted to get the Twins more ice time which was tough to do when we also had THE most lethal scoring line in the NHL at their peak rightfully eating a lot of minutes &power play duty (west coast express).

Just now, bree2 said:

hmm  I have watched for years and never seen it , but you could be right.  anyways the chances of our good players blocking shots on the pk makes me shudder on how many more injuries  we would have like Stamkos

In 2015-2016 Daniel and Henrik Sedin had 1 SHP each.  I don't think it was that long that you haven't watched :)

I can't believe I read through the entire thread, but - as has already been posted- it is somehow cathartic.

There is one thing that hasn't been mentioned enough. Kesler and Bieksa mentioned in their podcast how tough it is when your confidence is down anyways and the public, the fans, the media just crap on you. In their opinion it is one of the main reasons that no Canadian team has won a cup. The expectations, the pressure, toxicity and anger in the Vancouver fanbase do not help the players, do not help the team.

So while I'm all for critically analysing and evaluating GM, players and coaching staff, can we not just wait until the season is over? The whining and complaining does not help the team at the moment. Shut up and support the team until game 82. Thanks.

Edited by joe-max
syntax
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, joe-max said:

I can't believe I read through the entire thread, but - as has already been posted- it is somehow cathartic.

There is one thing that hasn't been mentioned enough. Kesler and Bieksa mentioned in their podcast how tough it is when your confidence is down anyways and the public, the fans, the media just crap on you. In their opinion it is one of the main reasons that no Canadian team has won a cup. The expectations, the pressure, toxicity and anger in the Vancouver fanbase do not help the players, do not help the team.

So while I'm all for critically analysing and evaluating GM, players and coaching staff, can we not just wait until the season is over? The whining and complaining does not help the team the moment. Shut up and support the team until game 82. Thanks.

What’s the point of this forum then, it would be pretty boring if everyone was singing Kumbaya.

15 minutes ago, J-23 said:

It's over. Time to rebuild the rebuild. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

can't we just re-tool the rebuild? 

I'm okay with renovations, in fact, I can do them all on my own.

Unless it's plumbing. I'm not renovating anyone's plumbing. Gross 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm okay with renovations, in fact, I can do them all on my own.

Unless it's plumbing. I'm not renovating anyone's plumbing. Gross 

just got flashbacks to replacing a wax o-ring on a hot afternoon. Not unlike the feeling from last night.

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I don't think we will be good enough to win this decade.

nah we'll be a force. Sutter isn't playing up to par, Roussel either. Both are playing hurt imo. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

just got flashbacks to replacing a wax o-ring on a hot afternoon. Not unlike the feeling from last night.

nah we'll be a force. Sutter isn't playing up to par, Roussel either. Both are playing hurt imo. 

Well, I hope Sutter and Roussel aren't around for the decade.

Cap, prospects will need everyone to pan out, other teams getting better or already finished there rebuild. I just don't see it,hope I'm wrong.