The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, ruilin96 said:

They are not playing bad hockey, just no bounce and no breaks. This group deserves a playoff spot with the way this season has gone this far. But the NHL isn't a league just handing out participation ribbons, we will see if the boys can string some wins together to get back in on this. It does gets harder and harder.

Good teams make their own bounces and breaks...  Bad teams also never seem to get any luck... funny how that works.

Players need to look in the mirror and see where the problems lie...  The mirror will also show where the solution to all the problems is....

Our players need to be better...   Our better players need to lead this club. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Brutal, yeah we are young this and that, but man, have some grit close it out. Show some damn emotion, play hard, hit something! Right  “Horvat” 220 pounds is afraid of hiting something, overrated. Score a goal 5v5, you wanted to be the captain, answer for this. 

I got 3 negative comments on this, 

Remember I LOVE my Canucks with all my heart, but that’s my judgment of Horvat, hate me for it, 

much Love 

C8AC7658-D5B8-46CB-BD63-516E893B38D6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Let’s be honest.  The Coyotes are really a terrible team.  We have by far the better players.  In most games IMO we have the better players.  

But they play an actual system that is efficient, patient, and capitalizes on turnovers.

The Canucks are playing a system that is effective when pushing to tie things up, but then completely collapses when the other team pushes back. There’s nothing efficient or sustainable with the way Green gets them to play.

• Vintage 1

This team is learning the hard way that you can't just rely on your goalie to win you games and you need to be consistently good if you want to be a playoff team. You can't just play a good game every 2 or 3 games or play one good period in a game and expect to win.

The blame is most definitely not evenly on everyone though, some guys bring it just about every night and others are boat anchors.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It was IMO the wrong timing to say the rebuild was finished, and move out assets in hopes to just squeak into the playoffs.  I think it’s Aquilini who’s pulling the strings.  

Yes, the key person who was  in our organization Trev Linden agrees with you i would think....   MONEY/GREED  $$$$$ trumped PATIENCE / LOGIC.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Don't say that.

In CB that was an 8 min break down of the defensive zone coverage 

This was a whole period, 

1) they where chasing the score in the beginning

2) they where pushing to win it

3) a total collapse after they fell behind

4 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Canucks are the best team in the west, this is just a small blip on their way to the finals 

There is a new rule this year 

you have to qualify for the playoffs to make it to the finals 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 1

I hope you guys are aware of this.  The Canucks have been playing bad since the start of February, even the fans thought we don't deserve a guy like Markstrom cause we are so bad.  We beat the Hawks 3-0 on Sedin night, but even that game, they were horrible, they got beaten by the Ducks 5-1 then the Wild, (out played 3 straight games against playoff teams)  destroyed Boston, and since then they are exactly as what their record is indicating.  EXACTLY.  Losing Markstrom is literally showing how awful this team is.  Benning Brings in Toffoli, and Green rather then try to spread the scoring puts him with the Pettersson line rather then help out Horvat and give up some quality players for once.  

Team is a hot mess, management needs to &^@# king go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Club has moved a first, second, third and a top prospect to load up this year.......

The first is CONDITIONAL so not this year if we miss the playoffs. This has been explained to you multiple times. 

• Wat 2