Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic


-Vintage Canuck-
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, oldnews said:

I'm not sure how you come to that assumption/conclusion..

 

Sutter:

2.1 on ice goals against

33.6% ozone starts

on ice save % = .920

+3

 

Beagle

2.8 on ice goals against

23.7% ozone starts

on ice sv % .911

-9

 

Horvat

3.6 on ice goals against (highest on the team).

43.4% ozone starts.

on ice sv % .865 (25th on the team).

-13

 

Beagle, Sutter, Motte - are  not principal penalty killers because...Horvat's too good to kill penalties.

Horvat plays some hard 5 on 5 minutes - and counterpunches well -  but to say he's their best shutdown center =  a curious claim, in terms of both the numbers, and the fact he's 14th on the team in pk ice time.

 

 

 

Thank You for this oldnews because I am growing tired of the excuses as to why Bo has to play with LE and not a legit top 6 offensive forward. We won tonight not because our secondary scoring came from our #2 line but because our #3 line produced. We cannot rely on that on a regular basis. 

Bo is a great faceoff guy but he is not going to take out a bigger stronger top 6 guy. A smaller faster guy, yes he is probably going to do a good job containing. So why is Bo not a main PKer if he is such a "shutdown specialist"? 

I see Miller as a better defensive shutdown guy then Bo actually. 

Bo is being wasted and so is Jake on this team. Bo could contribute so much more offensively when given the right line mates(remember his chemistry with BB?) and Jake could be used way more effectively both offensively and defensively(on the PK). He has great speed and checking ability, a bigger version of Motte. 

If I wanted a good "shutdown" line it would be Sutter, Motte and Lui. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

Demko needs to work a bit on his rebound control, too many of them are bouncing right up into the slot just out of his and the defencemen's reach.  That said, this is a HUGE moment in Demko's career, this is the first time he's being relied upon as an NHL starter for any considerable length of time, you have to imagine how much pressure this must be for him right now.  I hope that after this big win that he builds a bit of confidence.

 

For those of you knocking Demko every time the Canucks lose a game, or he lets in a softie, do you remember Marky in his first year with us?  :sick:   He wasn't always the Marky that he's been the last couple of years.

The problem is these people knocking Demko must only pay attention to the Canuck goalies.  If they really pay attention they'll see that all goalies let in softies now and then at some stage in their careers.

People were knocking Luongo for 'soft goals' and his 'swimming', ffs.  Yeah, the same Luongo who's headed for the hall of fame as one of the winningest goalies ever.

  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Thank You for this oldnews because I am growing tired of the excuses as to why Bo has to play with LE and not a legit top 6 offensive forward. We won tonight not because our secondary scoring came from our #2 line but because our #3 line produced. We cannot rely on that on a regular basis. 

Bo is a great faceoff guy but he is not going to take out a bigger stronger top 6 guy. A smaller faster guy, yes he is probably going to do a good job containing. So why is Bo not a main PKer if he is such a "shutdown specialist"? 

I see Miller as a better defensive shutdown guy then Bo actually. 

Bo is being wasted and so is Jake on this team. Bo could contribute so much more offensively when given the right line mates(remember his chemistry with BB?) and Jake could be used way more effectively both offensively and defensively(on the PK). He has great speed and checking ability, a bigger version of Motte. 

If I wanted a good "shutdown" line it would be Sutter, Motte and Lui. 

I’m holding my breath until boeser comes back.  Boeser should be with petey, and toffoli needs to be with horvat.  Those 2 have show some great chemistry together. 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

The problem is these people knocking Demko must only pay attention to the Canuck goalies.  If they really pay attention they'll see that all goalies let in softies now and then at some stage in their careers.

People were knocking Luongo for 'soft goals' and his 'swimming', ffs.  Yeah, the same Luongo who's headed for the hall of fame as one of the winningest goalies ever.

Look how bad the 10 million dollar man, goalie Bob, is playing right now.  We have a great goalie coach.  He will help Demko 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

The problem is these people knocking Demko must only pay attention to the Canuck goalies.  If they really pay attention they'll see that all goalies let in softies now and then at some stage in their careers.

People were knocking Luongo for 'soft goals' and his 'swimming', ffs.  Yeah, the same Luongo who's headed for the hall of fame as one of the winningest goalies ever.

How about Hasek who half the time looked like a trout that just got reeled in on the dock? Crazy style, but effective. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

I’m holding my breath until boeser comes back.  Boeser should be with petey, and toffoli needs to be with horvat.  Those 2 have show some great chemistry together. 

Green should keep Jake with Petey right now, so Tofu can be with Bo.  Put Loui in the press box with Sutter.  Those two really hurt us; they are just too slow, too soft, and too easy to play against.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

I hope we can look at Big Mac's game today like we do Burr's streak ender back in 2009.

Good comparison!  That would be fabulous if Big Mac could be a regular in our top nine.  Plus, like Burr, he had to work, battle, and claw his way to the bigs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For some reason this team manages to elevate its game against the top teams in the leagues and struggles with anyone around or below the playoff bubble. I wonder if it's partly to do with intensity - the teams fighting for their playoff lives are beating us but the top teams like Boston, St. Louis and Colorado don't have to worry too much which is why we're beating them out of more desperation.

 

We've got a lot of big middle-of-the-pack team matchups coming up against some hungry teams so I hope we elevate our play to how we played tonight and essentially just out-work the other teams. We have to be more desperate than the others going down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

The problem is these people knocking Demko must only pay attention to the Canuck goalies.  If they really pay attention they'll see that all goalies let in softies now and then at some stage in their careers.

People were knocking Luongo for 'soft goals' and his 'swimming', ffs.  Yeah, the same Luongo who's headed for the hall of fame as one of the winningest goalies ever.

Not to mention the game the game we just watched MacEwen's first goal went through Francouz while he lost the net a bit on Stecher's and MacEwen's 2nd.  I'm sure he'd like those 3 back to different degrees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

JT is our boy for 3 more years!!....at $5.25M, what a steal!

 

He is leading the way!

Someone needs to put and "A" on his jersey.

Easy decision to take it from Brandon "the coaster" Sutter and give it to JT.  

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nux4lyfe said:

I'm sure he's a sweetheart but man, Demko let's in way too many softies. Marky's pay raise keeps bumping up.

I remember not all that long ago it was Markstrom who was the Canuck Goalie leaving in soft goals. Markstrom is in his prime and learned from that and has developed.

 

Demko is much younger, needs more NHL games and will get better with time. Also, Luongo was an elite Goalie but he also let in some poor goals...I think most Goalies in the league have.

 

I believe in Demko, he isn't ready to be the #1 next season. We either retain Markstrom for a few years or we get a stop gap G if Marky leaves

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I remember not all that long ago it was Markstrom who was the Canuck Goalie leaving in soft goals. Markstrom is in his prime and learned from that and has developed.

 

Demko is much younger, needs more NHL games and will get better with time. Also, Luongo was an elite Goalie but he also let in some poor goals...I think most Goalies in the league have.

 

I believe in Demko, he isn't ready to be the #1 next season. We either retain Markstrom for a few years or we get a stop gap G if Marky leaves

If only Marky was 27.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sutter, and Rous's contracts go to limited NTC's in the summer.

Think there could be any takers?

I just don't think there's any team desperate enough to take Eriksson off our hands.  

Ottawa would take it after his signing bonus. But we would have to send additional pieces to the Sens...Prospects or picks we don't want to give up

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Look how bad the 10 million dollar man, goalie Bob, is playing right now.  We have a great goalie coach.  He will help Demko 

 

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How about Hasek who half the time looked like a trout that just got reeled in on the dock? Crazy style, but effective. 

Yep, even the very best look bad at times.... like I said 'at some stage in their careers'.  Another example is how human our golden goalie Carey Price looks right now in the twilight of his career.  Demko on the other hand is at the other end of his career.  He'll have growing pains.  And it doesn't do any good to rub salt in his wounds.  He'll heal and get better with experience.

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If only Marky was 27.

I’m super hoping that Demko leads us, with exceptional play, to the playoffs and gets us through a round or two.  Then his value goes way up.  JB signs Marky, and trades Demko at the draft to recoup the first we lost in the Miller trade.  Keep Domingue as our backup.  That’s what’s best for us.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...