The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Columbus March 8 (We were so excited about playing Columbus no one made a GDT thread edition)

Rate this topic

CaptKirk888

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Still the severity of this game. Ya you won last game. You lose tonight and it erases the last game. Losing 5 of 6 suggests you deserve to miss the playoffs. They need a better effort here.

Oh for sure. The way Columbus is playing they should have 5 grade A chances by now. It's laziness from the Canucks. This is WHL level competition. They just are matching their energy. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Still the severity of this game. Ya you won last game. You lose tonight and it erases the last game. Losing 5 of 6 suggests you deserve to miss the playoffs. They need a better effort here.

I agree.Winning one every few games will have the team on the outside looking in. We need to string some wins together as there is not many games left 

2 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

I agree.Winning one every few games will have the team on the outside looking in. We need to string some wins together as there is not many games left 

This game just wreaks of a shutout. I still feel they are missing something in their lineup. I am a little annoyed with Demko. You need to make a big save when you only have 7 shots. They are keeping everything to the outside. They might be the worst team to face right now.  Being down, going into the third is bad for our team.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

man that goal- looks like elder and Stecher are bantam players trying to play zone defence. I am embarrassed for their play on the goal, elder stuck chasing his man behind the net, Stecher has his back to play and actually skates away from the guy who scores the goals

That's because Pearson who had the guy in front decided he would rather cover the guy at the point in which we all know he wouldn't actually go out to the point, but he'd hang around in no man's land because that's the way the forwards play defense on this team. 

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Lol Sutherland, clear hold. Ah I'll just yell at him that he's committing a penalty. That'll do it. 

Why in holy hell is this corrupt piece of garbage allowed to officiate any games, let alone ours?  Any honest league would have fired him years ago for repeatedly being a disgrace to the sport.  Benning isn't doing his job if he isn't pressuring the league to assign honest officials to our games.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not just tonight, but lately. He's been bringing it. He makes mistakes like any other play, but his compete level has seemed higher the last while. 

Been earning his money