The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lottery Simulator Time.... sigh

Rate this topic

Provost

cap gies up by 5 mill

let Tanev walk (-4.45)

trade Stecher for a 2nd (could we get that ?) (-2.3mill)

Trade Sutter for a 3rd+ 4th (-4.3 mill)

Beartschi + Utunen to someone for a 7th round pick (-3.7mill)

Ericksson + McDonut + 3rd to Ottawa for a 5th round pick (-6 mill)

gained cap space = 25.7 mill

Net picks in = 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th

Pitreangelo = 9 mill x3 yrs

Markstrom = + 2.7 mill ( salary 6mill)

Virtanen = + 1.7 mill (salary 3 mill)

Tryamkin = 2.5 mill

Toffoli = 6 mill x 4 yrs

Cap spaced used = 22 mill

Miller Petey Toff

Pearson Gaudette Boesser

Roussel Bo Virt

Motte Beagle Macewan

Jasek

Hughes Pitrangelo

Edler Myers

Tryamkin Benn

OJ

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

cap gies up by 5 mill

let Tanev walk (-4.45)

trade Stecher for a 2nd (could we get that ?) (-2.3mill)

Trade Sutter for a 3rd+ 4th (-4.3 mill)

Beartschi + Utunen to someone for a 7th round pick (-3.7mill)

Ericksson + McDonut + 3rd to Ottawa for a 5th round pick (-6 mill)

gained cap space = 25.7 mill

Net picks in = 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th

Pitreangelo = 9 mill x3 yrs

Markstrom = + 2.7 mill ( salary 6mill)

Virtanen = + 1.7 mill (salary 3 mill)

Tryamkin = 2.5 mill

Toffoli = 6 mill x 4 yrs

Cap spaced used = 22 mill

Miller Petey Toff

Pearson Gaudette Boesser

Roussel Bo Virt

Motte Beagle Macewan

Jasek

Hughes Pitrangelo

Edler Myers

Tryamkin Benn

OJ

Stetch is prob worth no more than a 4th? no way we get a 2nd

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

You're gonna have a pretty boring time with that even if we do miss. We're not going to be a bottom team, so the odds are extremely high we'll pick in the lotto spot we end up with.

If Green keeps guiding the tank like he has over the last 15 games, I’m thinking our odds for Lafreniere might be pretty good. 

7 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Stetch is prob worth no more than a 4th? no way we get a 2nd

Stech is worth nothing.  He’s a coming RFA, who’s qualifying offer will be close to three million.  He’s following Hutton to UFA status July 1.  

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I refuse to touch the thing. If experience has taught me anything it's that if we're in the running for a lottery pick we're going to drop a spot or two. 

^ this

first time in 4 years I haven't looked at the site and I'm not going to, its too soon, and its also useless. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stech is worth nothing.  He’s a coming RFA, who’s qualifying offer will be close to three million.  He’s following Hutton to UFA status July 1.  

I don't think thats true anymore, I think he raised his profile a bit with how well he handled the trade talk and performed well through it all. Also I think his QO is 2.3. 

• Cheers 1

The Canucks need help to get in, from VGK, EDM and CGY. Unfortuantely, those teams are playing well and winning games, while the Canucks can't string two together lately. My guess is WPG makes a late push and snags a WC spot, and the Canucks will have to battle it out with NSH, ARI and MIN for the last spot. Hopefully Boeser returning sooner rather than later will help. I'll still give it a couple of weeks before I start looking more closely at the top Draft prospects.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I refuse to touch the thing. If experience has taught me anything it's that if we're in the running for a lottery pick we're going to drop a spot or two. 

If we do miss the playoffs I like our chances of moving up.  It's usually the 3rd or 4th worse teams that get screwed and the bubble teams stay put of move up like Philly a couple of years ago.  I don't think we can be a lottery team unless we lose every game remaining, but anything is possible!

I just did it, if we do miss the playoffs hopefully a little luck like the coyotes got:

image.thumb.png.7f424b7d7c9056dc302b019e674b11eb.png

Edited by Tre Mac

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

^ this

first time in 4 years I haven't looked at the site and I'm not going to, its too soon, and its also useless. 

Maybe I'm just cynical when it comes to the lottery, but I don't get my hopes up anymore. I just assume we'll drop. 

But yeah, we're not out of the race yet even if things are looking rather dicey for us. 

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

If we do miss the playoffs I like our chances of moving up.  It's usually the 3rd or 4th worse teams that get screwed and the bubble teams stay put of move up like Philly a couple of years ago.  I don't think we can be a lottery team unless we lose every game remaining, but anything is possible!

I just did it, if we do miss the playoffs hopefully a little luck like the coyotes got:

image.thumb.png.7f424b7d7c9056dc302b019e674b11eb.png

It's hard to say, I'd love to see us get some lottery luck at last if we do miss. I imagine we'll either make it in our sit just outside the playoff bar though. 

Which is painful, there's nothing like just missing and being caught in no man's land. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think thats true anymore, I think he raised his profile a bit with how well he handled the trade talk and performed well through it all. Also I think his QO is 2.3. 

$2.575m IIRC.

• Cheers 2