The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I responded you didn't like it.

Stubborn? He kept posting about winning percentage and when I pointed it out he started talking about point percentage two very different things. I still think going back to 68 games is fairest. 

So you think it’s more fair to ignore the results of games that were actually played rather than applying a simple formula to the results of every game played?  

Fair enough. It’s clear I won’t change your mind, nor will I change mine. Have yourself a good day 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Some people have mentioned that if they do suspend the season and start the playoffs in a month or so and just use the current standings to determine the playoff teams that they might go back to each teams record after 68 games, which seems logical. So lets see how that looks for the Western Conference.

Western Conference

Central

Colorado 41-19-8 90pts

St. Louis 40-18-10 90pts

Dallas 37-23-8 82pts

Pacific

Vegas 37-23-8 82pts

Edmonton 36-24-8 80pts

Calgary 35-26-7 77pts

Wildcard

Nashville 34-26-8 76pts

Vancouver 35-27-6 76pts

Colorado would take the Central based on more regulation wins.

Nashville would take the first WC based on one more regulation win.

Canucks would get Colorado in the first round. Looking at the current injuries for both teams the time off would seem to benefit the Avalanche as they would be getting back 5-6 regulars.

Edited by GritGrinder

24 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Some people have mentioned that if they do suspend the season and start the playoffs in a month or so and just use the current standings to determine the playoff teams that they might go back to each teams record after 68 games, which seems logical. So lets see how that looks for the Western Conference.

Western Conference

Central

St. Louis 40-18-10 90pts

Colorado 41-19-8 90pts

Dallas 37-23-8 82pts

Pacific

Vegas 37-23-8 82pts

Edmonton 36-24-8 80pts

Calgary 35-26-7 77pts

Wildcard

Nashville 34-26-8 76pts

Vancouver 35-27-6 76pts

Nashville would take the first WC based on one more regulation win.

The Canucks would go against the defending champs in the first round.

So after everyone is rolled back to 68 games I guess we get the last playoff spot, good for us.

Edited by aliboy
  • Haha 1

Going to be interesting how this plays out but surely they'll just postpone the rest of the season or perhaps end the season at 75 games? Or call the playoffs based on win %. Either way, this benefits all teams with major injuries and the Canucks without their MVP is one of them.

9 minutes ago, falcons said:

Give it a month and if it all looks good to come back every team goes into the playoffs. Make every series a best of 5 .

All teams can get back some revenue in ticket sales aswell.

I would say let every team play their last two games if they have them then go from there. Assuming 71 was the cutoff.