The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

Do we fall into that? I think were on the bubble there and it would depend on if they go by points or point%

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Wait there are 16 teams in the play in? Who are the bottom 8 teams then?

Don't think nux is bottom 8 team in the NHL. So won't qualify if playoffs are canceled. My guess based on the NHL standings. 

So worst case scenario now is that the season extension/ playoffs don’t happen, because in that situation we don’t finish bottom 8 by win %, plus we don’t get any playoff experience. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

Don't think nux is bottom 8 team in the NHL. So won't qualify if playoffs are canceled. My guess based on the NHL standings. 

They are.  There are 3 teams tied at .565 for the 8th spot and the Canucks have the least regular wins of the 3.  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm loathe to say this. But trading Bo would help with our cap situation, and probably bring in another 1st rounder and a prospect. 

Or trade Bo for Jack Hughes, and Kevin Bahl? 

Bold move if done. Trading your captain changes not just a player, but the culture of the team. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

I hope u are correct that nux are in the pool if covid cup is canceled. 

In point percentage that's the ranking.  7 teams below the Canucks 0.565.  Nashville and Florida also at 0.565 but the Canucks only have 27 wins in regulation while Nashville has 28 and Florida 30.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm loathe to say this. But trading Bo would help with our cap situation, and probably bring in another 1st rounder and a prospect. 

Keep Bo and trade Boeser.

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

It would be 9-16 not 1-8. 1-8 was already done today

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I’m probably the minority, but I’d rather trade Pettersson than Horvat.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

What a letdown for LA lol. 

Well, the last time they held #2 overall pick, they got Doughty so I'm sure they'll get a good player.

Maybe NHL draft lottery is rigged, Lafreniere will go to MTL. Canucks will win the cup this season.

• Cheers 1