The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seattle Kraken Announced

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Canuck7071 said:

Hello Vancouver,

I'm Kracky, alt mascot for Seattle's new NHL team ! 

See you all  at Amazon's Climate Pledge Krack House, or Pioneer Square.

vancouvermark51362-2.png.e36e2dead2e65d60789b5b3be09fdc35.png

Alt-Right mascot? Thats not good in Seattle, Kracky. The whacky antifa lefty's will make calamari out of you.

5 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Tanev going from bubble wrap to cotton wrap?

image.jpeg.4753ac059186923e551952dd9c31283c.jpeg

Looks like he rolled straight off the stretcher and came to the rink !

Thats guts!

.. probably all he has left ;)

missing a few teeth still too .

18 hours ago, Aardvark said:

I really like the anchor/space needle secondary logo

I agree, wouldn’t mind seeing a third jersey with that logo. Wonder if they will implement that red as their third with the Anchor space needle or if they will go with the powder blue. I hope they go off the colour scheme and do something green like the traditional Seattle colours. But totally agree that space needle anchor is awesome.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Like the name. Like the logo. Not bad Seattle. Looking forward to the rivalry. 

This is the thing that excites me the most. I know there have been incarnations of sports rivalry with Seattle in the past but they didn’t really live up to what a rivalry brings. The Grizzlies/SuperSonics never materialized because the Grizzlies were never good in their existence (except when they won their first two games) so it never took off. The Whitecaps and Sounders in the MLS  have a bit going for them however on our side we need to step it up because the sounders have 2 MLS cups in 4 years and even Portland Timbers have one before the Caps do. So what I’m saying is that finally we might have something that has that edge and feel that a genuine rivalry brings to the two cities. I for one am really stoked to go down the I5 and rep my Canucks colours in enemy territory.

Seattle will be a good team from the outset with the landscape of the cap for the next few seasons and they will be in the driver seat when it comes to taking bad contracts for picks/prospects and the same goes for protection of teams players. How much will teams have to give to protect their valued assets will make Seattle just as good maybe even better then Vegas did in the ED. That’s ok because it will speed up the resentment towards the team and that’s the key ingredient towards a rivalry. I say bring it on cascadia sibling! We are ready for this!

• Cheers 2

On 7/23/2020 at 10:02 PM, Timbermen said:

Alt-Right mascot? Thats not good in Seattle, Kracky. The whacky antifa lefty's will make calamari out of you.

Truth be told, Timberman, Kracky isn't in to politics. 

He never  votes. 

Since you brought it up, I should add that Kracky's sidekick Pikey Pig is a versatile wingman.

asdf.png

Edited by Canuck7071
Just got back from the Pike Place Market
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

Mind you this is just quick and dirty, and by an amateur...I'd probably try to get more of a 'V' look in the tail and try to negative space a 'C' in there somewhere but something like this:

VClogo9HWjersey.jpg.eb1dde8a79fbaf9a0f919f153218b6c4.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this execution but definitely like this idea.  I like the idea of a logo that has nods to past logos.  Like the Wild with the North Star as it's eye.  

I do think they did a good job with Seattle's logo.  Happy they stayed away from a blue and green combo like ours.  Although, they kind of look like the Mariners hockey team lol

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Didn't know Seattle won the cup in 1917, before the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. 

How fitting they are announced to start after the 2020 pandemic. 

Also first US team to win the cup. 

http://seattle-metropolitans.com/team/stanley-cup

They also played the Montreal Canadiens in the 1919 Cup final.  That Final was cancelled after game 5 with the series at 2-2-1.  The 6th and deciding game was cancelled with players on both teams getting ill and most of the Canadiens player and their manager getting sick (only 3 were healthy).  One Canadiens player died 4 days later while another never fully recovered and died a few years later.

Fun fact, Seattle wasn't the first American team to play for the cup.  That honour goes to the Portland Rosebuds who lost to the Montreal Canadiens.