The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I think playing a pivotal position as the third line centre was way too much for him to handle in his first playoff game.

People tag on Sutter, but man he has been solid tonight.  I think Gaud still gets in but as a winger.  I've always thought his tenacious forecheck and speed is far better on the wing than at centre.

I disagree about Sutter. Been invisible and is partially responsible for the 1st goal. I thought he was more effective last game and he wasn't very good last game either. 

• Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Record is getting broken.

not a perfect reffed game but there never is, but it’s not been badly managed or reffed. 

If only Myers was being penalized there....I had every right to complain.

Bad reffing is the broken record...I just deliver the commentary. 

With that, tonight it's been excellent.  For a change.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Hope Green doesn’t have the team just sit back and take on all the pressure in the 3rd.

Same. I don't think our D is strong enough to shut down a period without some bigtime forechecking or relying on too much on Markstrom. The Wild really had their hustle on late and they'll def be bringing it in the 3rd. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

If Mrazek or Reimer can get hot, they're a contender.

They're also doing this while missing Hamilton and Pesce who would be top pairing dmen on almost every other team.

Yeah man very true . Slavin is a beaut tho such an underrated dman!

• Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

My preference is for someone who hits. We play Minnesota better when we out hussle and out hit them.

I think we're overloaded with skill guys. Big Mac makes for a safer work space. 

That's fine, but it's not going to happen. Gaudette will definitely be in ahead of Mac. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

I disagree about Sutter. Been invisible and is partially responsible for the 1st goal. I thought he was more effective last game and he wasn't very good last game either. 

I disagree with your disagree.

he shouldn’t be out there on the PP that’s not his fault he’s been thrown out there. 

but overall been fairly solid

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1