Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

I think canucks have the edge to start this series, they are going to be firing on all cylinders. I watched the blues games in the round robin and they weren’t playing with playoff intensity like canucks are right now. But.. they’re the defending champs and more than likely will turn it on. This is possibly the best test this young core could get for their first taste of the playoffs. GCG

Tough matchup for the Canucks, will be a huge test for the young guns. This is a bonus to be playing meaningful hockey, if they have any chance they will need Hughes to maintain the level of hockey he has been playing at. O’reilly will be a tough matchup for Petterson you can almost guarantee they will match him against Petterson. 

The Canucks are going to get some good experience but I still think the Blues will prevail in 5 games. We need to remember that this will be good for us moving forward and hopefully get us ready for when we are a contender.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Grape said:

Dammit St. Louis had to choke

They did it on purpose, look at those atrocious shootout attempts.. All three were not trying to score so they could play the Canucks over the hard-hitting Flames. I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass when the Nucks light them up!

100% being underestimated. Many thought Minny would dominate us... 

Take out the champs, lets go!

Just now, UKNuck96 said:

Going to be a tight series. Their stick work is exceptional so we will have to tighten up lose plays/passing or risk turnovers in dangerous positions 

Blues play a much “lower event” game. They may get fewer opportunities but are great at capitalizing when they do.

Dallas would have us opening up too much and catching us on constant odd man rushes. Not a great way to play in playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

They did it on purpose, look at those atrocious shootout attempts.. All three were not trying to score so they could play the Canucks over the hard-hitting Flames. I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass when the Nucks light them up!

100% being underestimated. Many thought Minny would dominate us... 

Take out the champs, lets go!

The same Flames that got humiliated against Colorado last year, with a top 6 full of guys who play scared?  Highly doubt any legit NHL team would be trying to avoid playing against those cowards.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t understand why people think Dallas would have been some cake walk.

Benn, Seguin, Pavelski, and even Perry have absolutely feasted on us over the years. They would have been super confident and motivated against us.

At least the Blues we’ve played even over the years. Can’t discount that confidence going into a series.

Agree 100%. The Stars gave us a lot of trouble. They were good at shutting us down this season.

• Cheers 3

32 minutes ago, kawhi so serious? said:

I don't think they had Tarasenko when we played them in the RS. He scares me. But I think we'll win in 6

They had him the first game we played them. Shortly after that game it was announced that he would be out for the season.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree 100%. The Stars gave us a lot of trouble. They were good at shutting us down this season.

Khudobin and Bishop have had our numbers for sure.

I think Petey will have much more confidence against Jordan “I should have won the Calder” Binnington.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Blues play a much “lower event” game. They may get fewer opportunities but are great at capitalizing when they do.

Dallas would have us opening up too much and catching us on constant odd man rushes. Not a great way to play in playoffs.

Exactly why I didn't want to play the Stars, esp seeing how they lit us up 6-1 in the second time against them.

As much as people don't want to play the tight-checking champion Blues, I like how our young guns got the experience of grinding it out against another workmanlike team in the Wild.  Of course the Blues' depth is greater than just Fiala, but the team hopefully has learned how to tighten up in front of Marky and the bottom 6 is gelling at the right time (Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen looks solid, as do Motte/ Beagle and MacEwen).  If Markstrom, Quinn and the big guns stay hot and they don't let the Blues take liberties then I like our chances.      

• Like 1

This is good. If we beat the champs it would be unbelievable, if we lose we gain valuable experience on what it's like to play in the playoffs against the champs. I would say Blues in 6, but my heart says Canucks in 7.