Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i'm guessing both St Louis and Dallas was playing to lose, both played their backup goalies. I guess on paper Vancouver is the easier draw on paper.

Disagree.  Vancouver has a deeper forward group and our top line doesn’t run scared like JG and Monahan.  Flames might have a deeper D but we got the best dman. They got useless plugs like Rinaldo and Dana Murzyn Lucic.

id take marky over their goalies too.

Some fans selling our team short I think.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Disagree.  Vancouver has a deeper forward group and our top line doesn’t run scared like JG and Monahan.  Flames might have a deeper D but we got the best dman. They got useless plugs like Rinaldo and Dana Murzyn Lucic.

Let everyone underestimate them, I’m okay with that.

Us vs the world mentality works.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

This is good. If we beat the champs it would be unbelievable, if we lose we gain valuable experience on what it's like to play in the playoffs against the champs. I would say Blues in 6, but my heart says Canucks in 7.

Good point, it's really a win-win for the young guys. Valuable experience whatever happens. But if they win, that's a huge confidence boost. Guys like Roussel, Sutter, Eriksson and Beagle, this might be their last kick at the can. They're going to give it their all. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Darius said:

We don't have any player on our team who's nearly as much of a coward as Tkachuk, Gaudreau, or Monahan.  We'd absolutely destroy that gutless joke of a hockey team, as would literally any other team still in the hunt.  In contrast, our smallest top 6 guy in Petey doesn't seem at all bothered by physical play and is more than willing to battle through it.

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t understand why people think Dallas would have been some cake walk.

Benn, Seguin, Pavelski, and even Perry have absolutely feasted on us over the years. They would have been super confident and motivated against us.

At least the Blues we’ve played even over the years. Can’t discount that confidence going into a series.

It should've never be a concern who we would face. Every team will have their challenges and weaknesses. Play hard as a team and focus on the task in hand. If this is done, no matter the outcome, it will be a positive experience.

• Vintage 2

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t understand why people think Dallas would have been some cake walk.

Benn, Seguin, Pavelski, and even Perry have absolutely feasted on us over the years. They would have been super confident and motivated against us.

At least the Blues we’ve played even over the years. Can’t discount that confidence going into a series.

yeah our luck against dallas sucks, seems like benn and seguin always own us.

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah our luck against dallas sucks, seems like benn and seguin always own us.

As much as I love beating those guys I couldn’t stand losing to them in the playoffs.

At least if we lose to the Blues we lost to the reigning champs which there’d be no shame in.

That being said let’s give em hell!

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

They did it on purpose, look at those atrocious shootout attempts.. All three were not trying to score so they could play the Canucks over the hard-hitting Flames. I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass when the Nucks light them up!

100% being underestimated. Many thought Minny would dominate us... 

Take out the champs, lets go!

I don't think the Blues did it on purpose. They looked upset when they lost and I just don't think they'd do that lol

The Stars however, sitting out a bunch of guys, makes me think they didn't mind drawing us. I would've preferred that.

Canucks in 5. Call me crazy but the Blues are who I really wanted out of the 4 possible match ups

We are 5-16 in last 21 vs Stars.

We only won 2 games against the Knights. Both in OT and SO.

Avalanche I feel is the better of the 4.

It wont be easy, but I have a gut feeling we play solid hockey and grab this series in 5 games. I'm expecting all 5 games to be nail biters!

You have to beat the best to be the best!

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Grape said:

I don't think the Blues did it on purpose. They looked upset when they lost and I just don't think they'd do that lol

The Stars however, sitting out a bunch of guys, makes me think they didn't mind drawing us. I would've preferred that.

Stars are 16-5 in last 21 games vs us. Of course they wanted to play us lol

I ain't even scared. :metal:

i feel like we've always had the Blue's number, even this season we gave them hell. 

to me they are like Minny on steroids, take care of Tarasenko and Perron we're good. 

Dallas are scary af. they haven't been able to score in the round robin games and they have a lot of firepower. 

Guryanov, Pavelski, Hintz, Perry, Benn, Radulov, Seguin... that's a lot of veterans there. 

Edited by Trebreh
  • Cheers 2