The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

This team never stops impressing me. There is no quit, top to bottom. They are playing for each other and it shows. Even after losses they just bounce back and do what they have to. This feels like the beginning of something very special and I am looking forward to see just how this team will mature and morph into perennial cup contenders. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

That brutal call for delay of game made me mad. Sutherland has a history of anti Canuck bias. Glad the hockey gods didn’t allow a goal on that. 

That might be a blessing in disguise.  This isn't a judgement call and he can't use not seeing it as an excuse; he was in perfect position.  Benning now has ammunition to show this to the league and put some pressure on Bettman to stop allowing this criminal to continue to rig our games.

• Like 1

So many good adjustments on the pp tonight:  when they moved someone up to stop Hughes from walking the line, 2 Canucks would sometimes be in close support on the left side so the puck just got behind the advancing pk'er.  Other times, Hughes just put the puck down low on the goal line, opening up coverage for a pass into the slot.  Doubt he'll get foiled by that kind of pressure much now that he's figured these options out.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Boest-er said:

Honest to god think Vegas loves to dish out hits, but as soon as they get hit they start throwing shots like someone hurt their mother. It's disgusting to see in my opinion. Either hit and don't complain when you get hit (cleanly) or just don't hit at all

You know what they say about bullies.  Tonight we came right back at them and they couldn't handle it.  Another game like that and they'll lose it entirely.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1