The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

27 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Ferland is not getting traded. He has a NMC and his agent has said he intends to continue playing. He isn't going to waive it.

Ferlands agent said he intends to keep playing?  For real?  Dude needs to think about his long term health at this point.

28 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Ferland is not getting traded. He has a NMC and his agent has said he intends to continue playing. He isn't going to waive it.

..and thats fine, IF he keeps playing. A (hopefully) healthy Ferland can be a difference maker.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, Pears said:

Leverage baby!

It would make me happy because it would mean Eriksson would be gone.

It would make me very sad if it happened and Eriksson wasn’t gone...

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwan 

Ferland-Sutter

Hughes-Tanev/Stecher

OEL-Myers

Edler-Rafferty

Rathbone-Benn

Demko

Talbot

.... not exactly a dream lineup, but that looks like the direction we are aiming at.

Add in a not insignificant chance of adding Podkolzin and possibly Tryamkin not too far into the season when the KHL year is done.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

i dont know if this has been posted yet or not but as per

Craig Morgan

GM Bill Armstrong on the Fri. trade deadline set by OEL's agent Kevin Epp: “When you have the no-(move) clause you can do what you want. I guess they set deadlines, too. There's nothing I can do to control that. It's something they wanted to get accomplished & I guess they did."

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Good ol CDC - where folks get their hopes up way too much and when things don't happen the virtual riot begins with chants of "Fire Benning!!!!"

Won't be mad at all if he walks away from a deal that he doesn't like.  Arizona is bent over a barrel here and Benning isn't doing his job if he doesn't low-ball them here.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Provost said:

.... not exactly a dream lineup, but that looks like the direction we are aiming at.

A roster without having LE penciled in before a guy like MacEwen or even as an extra forward is a dream roster to me lol

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

i dont know if this has been posted yet or not but as per

Craig Morgan

GM Bill Armstrong on the Fri. trade deadline set by OEL's agent Kevin Epp: “When you have the no-(move) clause you can do what you want. I guess they set deadlines, too. There's nothing I can do to control that. It's something they wanted to get accomplished & I guess they did."

What does he expect. There’s NMC in place. Nobody wants to be toyed around with when it means potentially packing up the family 

• Cheers 3