The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

1 minute ago, Noseforthenet said:

If neither of those guys are included in this trade, it makes me wonder what of value already IS included and I keep leaning towards Boeser.... I kind of don't think Arizona says yes to moving OEL without getting SOMETHING of value. Especially after losing Taylor Hall.

If Benning has the Coyotes bent over and still trades Boeser in this deal rather than saying nah have fun paying him, then gosh that's not a good look.

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Going through twitter...the general consensus seems to be more or less this...dont know much about this guy:

Out of the three that he mentions I think Hogz is the guy i would put up in the trade.  Might not be a popular opinion but when I look at his DB his numbers dont scream top 6 savior to me....he might be the odd man out here....certainly worth the gamble for a franchise calibre d man.

He is talking like the trade is being done. He looks like a B-tier podcaster/insider, if he is lying this will just wreck his already fragile credibility.

I will believe when one of the bigger sources comes out and verifies what he's saying.

3 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

If neither of those guys are included in this trade, it makes me wonder what of value already IS included and I keep leaning towards Boeser.... I kind of don't think Arizona says yes to moving OEL without getting SOMETHING of value. Especially after losing Taylor Hall.

No Boeser talk. It’s over he’s not going anywhere 

48 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They don’t have much cap space this year.  They can worry about the floor next year 

Arizona will be down 8plus million on OEL and 6 million on Taylor Hall so closer to the floor than some think.If we get OEL then we are not signing Tanev,  so in reality if we get Arizona to eat a couple million and don't pay Tanev 4 million then it's only a couple million more for OEL

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

He is talking like the trade is being done. He looks like a B-tier podcaster/insider, if he is lying this will just wreck his already fragile credibility.

I will believe when one of the bigger sources comes out and verifies what he's saying.

I agree. I admit i dont know much about the guy...what im seeing though is the same sentiment across a bunch of accounts...I dont know who is originating this...even the guy talking on 1040 as I type this is bringing up Podz/Hogz/Demko (one of) as the starting point for Arizona

Just now, Darius said:

I agree. I admit i dont know much about the guy...what im seeing though is the same sentiment across a bunch of accounts...I dont know who is originating this...even the guy talking on 1040 as I type this is bringing up Podz/Hogz/Demko (one of) as the starting point for Arizona

And every source has said that all three are no-go's for Benning

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/guests-nick-cotsonika-coyotes-gm-bill-armstrong-free/id1479554969?i=1000494074882

Basically Bill Armstrong on a podcast and his comments on OEL

- No panic to move OEL

- Had "good" discussions with OEL about the scenarios and went back to him saying - "Hey just hang in there, I know you're stressed lets get through free agency, lets get to the other side here and we'll reach out and stay in touch, if there is anything bothering you reach out to me, lets just calm this for now".

- Regarding a potential deal "If it doesn't work out, we can comeback together sit down and continue to work on the relationship and get him into a good spot, but for now we have some other things to deal with in free agency and trades."

Read into it as much as you'd like.  Bill not really giving away much here in what the real plan is, how negotiations are going in the trades, and seemed to be rather cryptic in his response talking about relationship with OEL.

However, my hunch is that the deadline passes and OEL is still a Coyote.  I just don't think Bill Armstrong is willing to let himself get totally ripped off in this deal and will wait for fair value.  I could be wrong, but my gut sense thinks this isn't going to happen and the Canucks will have to look elsewhere to upgrade their defense.

He's a new GM and can't let himself be ripped off from the get go.  He also doesn't know the team yet.  Does he even want to keep Tocchet as coach long term.  It feels like the deal would be rushed before he even has the time to assess his team. 

Just now, Where's Wellwood said:

And every source has said that all three are no-go's for Benning

which makes me wonder which player/prospect can actually get this done.  Arizona wants value too...remember when Kesler handcuffed Benning...some fans were livid that Benning didnt play hard ball ..I suspect that the Arizona GM wont just give this guy away...hes a franchise calibre top pair d man.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

which makes me wonder which player/prospect can actually get this done.  Arizona wants value too...remember when Kesler handcuffed Benning...some fans were livid that Benning didnt play hard ball ..I suspect that the Arizona GM wont just give this guy away...hes a franchise calibre top pair d man.

But Benning's boss was capable of paying the bills if we had to hang onto Kesler.  Arizona is looking to go full Melnyk.

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Chris Faber is not a legit source. C-Tier podcast guy or something.  Seems like a nice guy however. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, mll said:

He's a new GM and can't let himself be ripped off from the get go.  He also doesn't know the team yet.  Does he even want to keep Tocchet as coach long term.  It feels like the deal would be rushed before he even has the time to assess his team. 

Plan B is Alex Pietralengelo and in my opinion a way better and true number one defenceman. JB just needs to unload some cap, if he can.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Difference is we could have played hardball with Kesler as he was the one that requested the trade unlike OEL where the mandate came directly from ownership.

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

What's up with the jealousy little dude? Chris Faber has a bunch of connections in media as well as with player agents. He's legit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Difference is we could have played hardball with Kesler as he was the one that requested the trade unlike OEL where the mandate came directly from ownership.

good point. hopefully that works in our favor.  Top pair d men are hard to get...if they are that desperate to shed salary maybe the Canucks can get one at  a discount.

Just now, buddyguy said:

What's up with the jealousy little dude? Chris Faber has a bunch of connections in media as well as with player agents. He's legit.

Not sure why I would be jealous. Just need to see it verified by more than just him. Making it sound like a done deal.

If he turns out right then he'd be someone I would turn to.

8 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Take Lind and be happy....the SOMETHING they get outta this is CAP RELIEF for the next 7 years. Arizona doesn't have any leverage here, take it or leave it. They only have one dance partner. I still dont think this is a good idea (long term) but if your gonna do it draw a line in the sand and be prepared to walk away. We're gonna need Pods, Demko and Hogs cheap contracts (ELC) cause we wont have money to spend on anyone else for the foreseeable future

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1