The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, brownky said:

Vegas PK was like the borg. They've adapted.

And here we were, still shooting the standard ole hand phasers into the shields. "If we do it enough, it'll work right?"

No. No, doesn't work like that.

You can see them pressuring the point up high.  If that is their tactic, then bring the puck down low and get that garbage goal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

We lost after that 5 min PP, not officially, but it was over. I don't understand why Newll Brown  is so highly regarded. Our PP zone entry is so predictable.

Proud of the boys though, we were playing with house money.

Yup I knew if we didn’t get one past Lehner it was over. That was a very weak call in Miller but we a knew it was coming. 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

And Tanev, wow Tanev. 

I think he’ll be remembered on a short list of remarkable Canucks Dmen, not for anything flashy, but just for being a defensive Dman. 

Glad he was never traded, despite my 100 posts begging for it in years-past. 

I was with you there.

I can't believe I ever considered that as a good idea.

He's so fundamental to this team right now.

• Vintage 2

Some days it's hard being a Canucks fan. Super tough watching this game hoping for the best but thinking you know how it's gonna go watching the game unfold. The obvious perception is one team wanted it much more. The lack of offensive zone play, puck possession and lack of a proper break out (besides the lob to centre ice) was extremely hard to watch. It's a lot more exhausting chasing the puck around your own zone then playing in the opposition end.

Having said all that, as tough as it was I can't wait for the next season to begin. The future is very bright. We learned some good lessons, watched our young guys grow and found out we have another superstar in the making. As bad as this season finished, it was much more successful then anyone could have thought. Given no respect by anybody, back in the playoffs, knocking off the champs, and coming back from 3-1 to lose in game 7 while being written off as an easy series win for Vegas. These next fews years are going to be super fun to watch. The rest of the league has been put on notice. The Canucks will be back. Everyone look out!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

Chin up guys. 

We are not a team built to win the cup right now.

That's what's so impressive with these playoffs.

Add the right pieces next season and let's see what happens.

I'm excited with what I've seen from this team.

This is what is said every 10 years. 

• Wat 5

Is anybody worried we instilled a loser's mentality this series? The team basically rolled over and nearly died and were using their final breaths to pray to Demko to save the team.

They didn't even try to forecheck/score/hit/have offensive zone pressure for over half a series. I don't know what we could possibly learn from losing that way. Maybe looking at Vegas and how they managed to make their own team lay down and give up like that? 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, Trebreh said:

5 minute major powerplay late in the 2nd to put the nails on the coffin for the Knights and we showed ZERO urgency. someone has to be fired. 

I think Newell should be let go.

I think he is a good PP coach but he somehow cannot adjust during the playoffs. But then, what are the alternatives? Before Newell, our PP was even worse.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Our bottom six has one of the worst money spent on it and it doesn't get the production it needs. It is what is really hurting this team right now. Its so slow and old and offer nothing.

Just today JB talked about how the bottom 6 veterans are teaching the kids to play the right way.. amd pay hard...

He recognised he overpaid some bittom 6 players but said when the kids hit their prime in a couple of years  they will play solid two way hockey, winning hockey and not just chase scoring points.

Teams that play solid 2 way hockey win Cups. Teams like Leafs go out in 1st rounds. 

• Like 1