The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I know everyone is disappointed but lets not forget they proved everyone wrong after Game 5.

Pushed the cup contenders to the brink. We had to prove ourselves by first beating Minny to get into the playoffs. They took out the defending cup champions. NO ONE would’ve expected this last year. Year after year being at the bottom of the standings, missing the playoffs for 5 years straight. We were spoiled this summer with finally some memorable playoff hockey since 2011. Thank you Canucks. Couldnt be more excited for the future.

• Like 3

Just now, canuck2288 said:

5 minute powerplay where we could have scored as much as we could and we barely got a shot and frankly they ended up with the best scoring chance 

then yet another pp after that 

at a minimum Brown and Baumer need to go 

i don't think baumer needs to go.. i think he did great in this series with the defense and managing their time.. PP and 5v5 is the problem.. losing the series doesn't hurt as it's expected going in.. but the way to lose hurts.. 3 shutout and a 3rd period blow up going in with the lead.

I did say it at the start of every game, the Canucks could win against any opponent if they just stick to their strengths - powerplay, goaltending and faceoffs. We only really had one tonight. I don't think it was a PP issue as much as it was an exhaustion issue though so wouldn't go blaming Brown for this loss. Whatever Vegas did, they were much fresher than our guys tonight. Not many teams have had to play so many playoff games in such quick succession so whoever is the fittest and freshest is going to end up winning the Cup this year. Sadly for us, we really didn't have our legs going in the back-to-back games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

all the big pieces are in place, they just need to fill some holes.

we have a solid foundation moving forward.

imho we need a solid top four d that can generate 30-40 points, and a couple really hard nosed gritty players that can punish the other team.

no shame in losing to these clowns, i think they are on their way to another cup final

GO DALLAS GO, beat these clowns

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

I missed the GDT and I feel like I landed in bizarro world. You do all realize just how good the team we were playing is  right? We came one bounce away from beating them and people are whining like our team didn’t show up? Vegas was crapping their pants with it tied 0-0! Get over yourselves!

That's because most of us know how good this team can be and we don't settle for these types of efforts/coaching decisions. 

• Thanks 2