The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Toffoli to hit free agency

18 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

Actually he JOINED in 2005... Which is kind of impressive. This guy's been here longer than a lot of the mods lol.

Imo anyone with an account made 2010 or earlier should be ban immune. Gotta respect your OG's

Not that this was for me specifically, but I'll take the positives outta this post. :)

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Need to buyout some players to sign Toffoli...need to get quality and best bang for your buck..Toffoli is quality for under $5M per

Yeah but the buyout costs would need to be added to whatever you’re signing him for so Toffoli at 6+ is not best bang for your buck

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Need to buyout some players to sign Toffoli...need to get quality and best bang for your buck..Toffoli is quality for under $5M per

I think you could get Hoffman, Dadonov or Duclair on shorter, cheaper deals than Toffoli will get. Personally i'd jump at Duclair if we could.   

2 hours ago, Spoosh said:

Not that this was for me specifically, but I'll take the positives outta this post. :)

I signed up in grade 7 or 8. I had to use my friend's dad's email because I didn't have an acceptable email (only had Hotmail, which wasn't allowed).

Time sure does fly...that was back when Luongo just got here!

I also joined the Oilers and Flames boards to troll, but they weren't very active :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think you could get Hoffman, Dadonov or Duclair on shorter, cheaper deals than Toffoli will get. Personally i'd jump at Duclair if we could.   

Not me. TT has shown some good chemistry on and off the ice. This may be one where both parties circle back and see they are best to remain roomates.

2 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I signed up in grade 7 or 8. I had to use my friend's dad's email because I didn't have an acceptable email (only had Hotmail, which wasn't allowed).

Time sure does fly...that was back when Luongo just got here!

I also joined the Oilers and Flames boards to troll, but they weren't very active :lol:

Yeah it’s been a while.

I joined around the Anson Carter ”era” B)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Spoosh said:

Yeah it’s been a while.

I joined around the Anson Carter ”era” B)

That was a fun year. I believe Carter, Morrison, Naslund, and Bertuzzi scored in the last game of the 05-06 season, and Hughson mentioned something about how it will likely be the last time we see all those names on the Canucks scoresheet. It made me sad as a kid haha.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Bo needs and deserves a top 6 winger we can not do this to him again and have holes in the top 6 

tofolli or hall 

get 

it 

done 

move some salary, one way or another find a way, after years of holes in the top 6 and you fix finally fix it with tofolli, it’s not fair to leave him hanging again

Edited by Filthy McNasty
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Bo needs and deserves a top 6 winger we can not do this to him again and have holes in the top 6 

tofolli or hall 

get 

it 

done 

move some salary, one way or another find a way, after years of holes in the top 6 and you fix finally fix it with tofolli, it’s not fair to leave no hanging again

He will have two really good wingers in the near future.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

10 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

He will have two really good wingers in the near future.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

All the hockey folks have been warning to slow our rolls on these guys.  They aren’t likely to be top of the lineup players for a while yet.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

tofolli or hall 

get 

it 

done 

move some salary, one way or another find a way, after years of holes in the top 6 and you fix finally fix it with tofolli, it’s not fair to leave him hanging again

Toffoli is much more durable than Hall and is a known fit.

But imagine what Hall could do with Pettersson... for like, 13 games before he’s injured again...

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

Yeah but the buyout costs would need to be added to whatever you’re signing him for so Toffoli at 6+ is not best bang for your buck

buyout should be for the entire team....shouldn't apply to only Toffoli or even apply to this potential signing. It's a bad management tax...

• Vintage 1