The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Anton Khudobin interested in signing with Canucks

4 hours ago, Quantum said:

Makes sense. A lot of players were really impressed by what the Canucks pulled off in the playoffs this year.

But I think A LOT of goalies are interested in coming to Vancouver. Hell, I just saw this tweet from Sportsnet 650:

The Canucks will get to pick whatever goalie they want assuming Markstrom walks (which appears likely).

It'll all come down to who Ian Clark wants and if they can get that goalie at a reasonable price.

Schneider can come back to Vancouver provided that he’s first willing to kiss Bo Horvat’s feet before entering the dressing room.

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Awesome this makes me feel way better about the markstrom nonsense going on. I’d love a solid goalie to be able to relieve Demko when he’s struggling (yes we will see demko struggle at times in his first season as a starter) I can’t see Khudobin being anymore than 2.5 million which is very reasonable 

2,5 mill should be max to save cap if that is the plan. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

jesus christ , mine eyes bleed.

Free agents putting out the vibe! It's the Pettersson, Hughes effect. All of a sudden we are a sought after destination.That's why I think we can fill any holes if needed by signing a UFA or two as a fallback.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Free agents putting out the vibe! It's the Pettersson, Hughes effect. All of a sudden we are a sought after destination.That's why I think we can fill any holes if needed by signing a UFA or two as a fallback.

that may be...... but that gif...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

2,5 mill should be max to save cap if that is the plan. 

Yes just assuming off his playoffs and how steady he’s taken on a supporting role the guy deserves 2.5 and he will get it if not more somewhere else just me putting out a number I think he can be had at and being reasonable to us still 

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Theo, 4 or 5 wks back recall us having interesting discussion on the UFA's. You felt CT was integral; whwereas I was leaning towards TT..appears we might BOTH be off!

:^)

Seriously, I'm pleased & surprised with the patience JB is exhibiting here. There are gonna be some absolute bargains to be gained. As well, nice to see we should be shuffling lots more youth into the mix. This(likely broken season) is the time to be bold, with some turn-over. What's your current take on these matters?

Lastly, I still gotta feeling Ott(cheapo Melnyk) want LouiE & his hollow contract. Perhaps Colin White coming back in a bigger deal?..

Still feel we need to target our cap on defense and goaltending. I still think we could use Tanev and hopefully he really wants to stay here and takes a cheaper deal. Never thought OEL would be in our sights and while I don't think we should do everything we can to obtain him, it would be a welcome boost. Adding him surely changes the whole thought process I had before though where the primary focus was retaining the assets that we have in our system.

I just hope LE is moved (with a little cap coming back in return) which opens up a lot of flexibility for us.

• Like 1

https://allhockey.ru/news/show/395144-Hudobin_slozhno_postoyanno_zhit_v_roli_zhertvy

Today interview with Hudobin

"Will see how situation unfold, the way Dallas will act. If no changes in situation. then YES I become Free Agent. Did I have an offer ? Yes, Dallas offer me a deal, we still negotiating.  Understand me right, all my life I sacrifice something, we want to have a deal done. I can take less money but you also do something for me. Again, my agent and club still talking. Please understand me right in any situation is a room for negotiation. I know how much I cost, I am not asking for crazy money and contract (time), I am asking for fair deal, will see at the end".  Also mention he wants to stay in NHL, COVID 19 and owners loosing money, empty stadiums.

Edited by Pavel the Bure
spelling
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

https://allhockey.ru/news/show/395144-Hudobin_slozhno_postoyanno_zhit_v_roli_zhertvy

Today interview with Hudobin

"Will see how situation unfold, the way Dallas will act. If no changes in situation. then YES I become Free Agent. Did I have an offer ? Yes, Dallas offer me a deal, we still negotiating.  Understand me right, all my life I sacrifice something, we want to have a deal done. I can take less money but you also do something for me. Again, my agent and club still talking. Please understand me right in any situation is a room for negotiation. I know how much I cost, I am not asking for crazy money and contract (time), I am asking for fair deal, will see at the end".  Also mention he wants to stay in NHL, COVID 19 and owners loosing money, empty stadiums.

A semi-tragic, yet honest character..shades of Tony Montana before his fall-out with Frank Lopez...

• Like 1

so many players  up for grabs its amazing i feel like pietroangelo   oel barrie. (enforcer for petey) maroon chara gudas simmonds  schenn all cab throw down  hell gimme 2 of these guys plus so many goalies we could go after if marky leaves  benning is smart to be patient yes he will try to get oel but he will walk away if podz hoglander or juolevi or rathbone are involved    time to fleece coyotes hopefully their owner is dead broke  force his  hand

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuktravella said:

so many players  up for grabs its amazing i feel like pietroangelo   oel barrie. (enforcer for petey) maroon chara gudas simmonds  schenn all cab throw down  hell gimme 2 of these guys plus so many goalies we could go after if marky leaves  benning is smart to be patient yes he will try to get oel but he will walk away if podz hoglander or juolevi or rathbone are involved    time to fleece coyotes hopefully their owner is dead broke  force his  hand

no selling the future  

Canucks are finally in a position again where they don't need to grovel to get people to come, which also means benji can finally start truly playing hardball with guys. Marky, you don't want to take our offer? alright, who's next?

Just now, JSaun2020 said:

We all really need to give up on this idea of Tryamkin coming back to the Canucks. It’s not happening 

Based on what? Last word was that Tryamkin took a one year deal and his agent stated that Nikita was intent on giving the Canucks one more go. He could have taken a longer deal, but chose one year  

34 and has been a beast. Easier to get a short term deal from him opposed to Marky. And is talented enough to actually hold his own if Demko needs more development time. Unlike King Henrik who I feel is only fit to be a backup now. If he doesn't mind a cheaper short term deal I'd take him in a heartbeat.

8 minutes ago, JSaun2020 said:

We all really need to give up on this idea of Tryamkin coming back to the Canucks. It’s not happening 

If not for Covid we'd be talking about a blueline with Tryamkin on it for this coming season. I gave up on his top 4 potential but the only reason he isn't on the roster now is cause Covid threw everything into flux including the cap. The KHL season started. We don't even have a confirmed start time for the NHL season yet. They didn't wanna sit on the fence for however many months it'll take to work out a NHL season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1