The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings sign Troy Stecher

Just now, dm_ranger said:

But under 2 AAV?

That should have been fine for us.  I thought we were walking away from 2.5-3 per year.

the wings probably sold him on their direction. saying he can be a leader, maybe sign long term after a 2 year trial run. 

Benning was saying if we can fit him in lol. DET's like WE WANT YOU! come join uS! I can see why lol

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, apollo18 said:

honestly loving free agency this year, excited to see what benning does with the cap now.

so glad tanev and stecher and marky signed elsewhere, looks like benning is a man of his word when he said he wants to bring in new bodies to the defense.

also glad barrie is gone.

i dont think we will get pietrangelo but i assume we will get some d as a cap dump maybe nate schmidt or someone like that!

I am excited too surprising. I'm glad we havent caved to demands and i hope we can add more size to the backend.

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

2x 1.7M AAV

Hmm.

Dang, that isn't very high. Guess Benning offered him less. Benn under contract at 2m probably meant Benning wasn't willing to go over 1-1.5 for Stetcher to fill out the bottom pairing. Likely will see Juolevi, Benn and either Rafferty, Rathbone or Fantenberg in the bottom 5-7 slots. Assuming we find someone to fill out our top 4.

Just now, Phil_314 said:

Glad we didn't qualify him but $1.7 mil for 2 years would have been doable.
Oh well, if Jim acquires some bigger RHD then all good for us.

Thanks for playing your heart out with us and all the best.

Lots of other teams RFA's out there. There is a hope. there is a chance lol.

Just have to hope teams don't think less of us for losing 3 possibly 4 guys. We still got our core and demmer!

• Upvote 1