The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 26 players elect salary arbitration

Jake does deserve a pay raise, and I've always wanted him to become the best player he can be. 

I suppose one thing, especially with covid, these guys are trying to get the best deal they can because of the uncertainty. 

Hopefully, Jake doesn't get too greedy. I believe next year is the beginning of his best. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Coming here was a mistake. But part of me does enjoy the fanbase crying. So I am a bit torn. But ya know what? He deserves to get paid, I hope they actually play his ass in the top 6 next year. 

The way free agency is going they might be forced to. 

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Greenway got $2.1M x 2yr.

McCann got $2.94M x 2yr.

These 2 are probably the best comparables. 

JV probably get $2.5M in arbitration. 

The NHLPA will help his camp prepare and find comparable contracts he can use.  Greenway isn't one - he didn't even reach 10 goals while Virtanen had 18.

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

This is all fair.

I guess we have to be patient to see what Jim has up his sleeves.  But so far we went from 1 win from the WCF,  to a team that will not make the playoffs unless our back end is improved dramatically.

No doubt, improvements have to be made if we're to compete 

But it's only day two 

Lot of dominoes left to fall

39 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Jake was on pace for an almost 50 point season while constantly getting punished and put on the 3rd and 4th lines.  Very limited time in the top 6.

He deserves a pay bump.    As you can see from all the players leaving,  looks like this team is not willing to pay their guys anymore.  

I agree that Jake deserves a pay bump. But he wasn't on pace for almost 50 points. He was on pace for 43 points.

I bet they re-sign him at 3 mil.

But your second point... there might be some truth to it. We are losing a fan fav like Stecher because we can't pay 1.9 mil? Edler-Stecher pairing and Hughes-Myers pairing would have held the ground at least during the regular season. 

I don't know what JB has up his sleeve but I'm pretty concerned about even making the playoffs next season.

I just hope that JB is saving cap, because he knows there will be some desperate teams that will make good players available for peanuts. 

23 minutes ago, BPA said:

Maybe next season is the chance for JV to shine.  Better than having LE in the top 6.

Let's see if he sinks or swims playing with Horvat or EP40. 

I think Miller-EP-Virtanen will be a good line. 

Horvat needs a scoring winger in Boeser more than EP and Miller needs a scoring winger.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bye Jake

maybe not, if he's willing to say do a 3 year. deal to take him to UFA at under 3 mil AAV. Sure he could get maybe a bit more in arb for 1 year but I think he'd go lower for some term. 

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

Jake was on pace for an almost 50 point season while constantly getting punished and put on the 3rd and 4th lines.  Very limited time in the top 6.

He deserves a pay bump.    As you can see from all the players leaving,  looks like this team is not willing to pay their guys anymore.  

Team is willing but when you have boat anchor contracts for boat anchor players what can you do?

loui 

sutter

Beagle

roussel

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Arb case for arb case.  I'd trade him to Carolina for Fleury.

Side note, wonder how much the Rangers' group will cost?  

Fleury sucks man. Yes, I'm talking about that Carolina player. Fans have given up on him being any good, but are just happy they have a warm body.