The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] LeBrun: Hoffman fielding interest from 5-6 teams, including NSH & FLA

2 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

Where’s the Tampa cap dump?  Even without paying Cernak’s $4m-ish they’re still up against it, no?

I think Tampa ends up making more than one trade. I don’t see a team taking on 9 million in cap space (if Cernak gets 4).

I could see them dumping Johnson along with a 1st and then dealing Cernak or Cirelli in order to recoup that cost (picks/prospects)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

Where’s the Tampa cap dump?  Even without paying Cernak’s $4m-ish they’re still up against it, no?

The Tampa cap dump makes it even a better roster for us.

Something like Eriksson, Virtanen and a lottery protected 1st as the cap dump from us.

Killorn/Palat/Johnson and Cernak for Gaudette and maybe one of our D prospects.

That above roster swaps out a legit top 6 forward for Virtanen.  Fills both current holes on the roster with a long term piece on D.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Rumour] Hoffman considering one year contract

Not really interested in him given the drama a couple years back, but it really depends on what his ask is.

Bottom line is the dude can score goals, and he does it consistently. 

If we could make it fit and management felt it wouldn't hurt the room or the team I'd root for him. 

• Cheers 1

It's really simple. We are a team built on player character and chemistry. Bringing in a player like Hofmann, who has had huge locker room issues (due to his crazy gf but he's still with her 3 years later), is counterproductive and will not happen. He does not fit whatsoever on a team like ours.

Hard pass. Tragic, because he is an excellent hockey player and deserves term and good pay.

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

It's really simple. We are a team built on player character and chemistry. Bringing in a player like Hofmann, who has had huge locker room issues (due to his crazy gf but he's still with her 3 years later), is counterproductive and will not happen. He does not fit whatsoever on a team like ours.

Hard pass. Tragic, because he is an excellent hockey player and deserves term and good pay.

Wow the witch hunt continues.   Caryk was accused of cyber bullying as the EK family was trashed on an anonymous site for years - and nothing has ever been proven.   She even hired a software guru to try and help find the person doing this - and none were linked to her or her IP address, any of her devices/computers  although the troll wasn’t identified either.  The Karlsson’s took her to court and weren’t even interested in seeing the results of the investigation - if you believe her she made one post countering some negativity and that’s it.   “Pill popping never gave the baby a chance” was the infamous troll.   Judging people based on this is in a way cyber bullying too - maybe she’s a victim of this as well. Definitely Hoffman believes so - wouldn’t that show character to stick by her despite the fiasco that ensued?   

I think the whole crazy girlfriend thing is blown out of proportion.  That was 3+ years ago and we haven't heard anything bad coming from the Panthers locker room about him.  Also, even if it's only 1 years, the players' family won't hang out like they used to because of confinement, so I don't see any problem on that front.

With that said, I'm not sure if I want to spend my remaining cap space on him.  Too much unidimensional player I think.  It would have to be a fairly cheap contract, but I think I'd rather spend the money on defense or experienced physical middle 6 forward.  We already have Boeser who's in a similar mold as Hoffman.

Would rather have had toffoli. 

JB and his loyalist always Preaching “character” that Alone should eliminate this guy from all conversations. fortunately  for us past ufa over spending Mistakes are saving us from a new batch of disasters. 

Edited by Tracksuit

43 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Wow the witch hunt continues.   Caryk was accused of cyber bullying as the EK family was trashed on an anonymous site for years - and nothing has ever been proven.   She even hired a software guru to try and help find the person doing this - and none were linked to her or her IP address, any of her devices/computers  although the troll wasn’t identified either.  The Karlsson’s took her to court and weren’t even interested in seeing the results of the investigation - if you believe her she made one post countering some negativity and that’s it.   “Pill popping never gave the baby a chance” was the infamous troll.   Judging people based on this is in a way cyber bullying too - maybe she’s a victim of this as well. Definitely Hoffman believes so - wouldn’t that show character to stick by her despite the fiasco that ensued?   

Innocent til proven guilty for you then. That's nice. Why then would SJ trade Hofmann, a 30 goal scorer in a record 30 minutes for a bag of peanuts? 

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Where there's a lot of smoke, leave ASAP.

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Innocent til proven guilty for you then. That's nice. Why then would SJ trade Hofmann, a 30 goal scorer in a record 30 minutes for a bag of peanuts? 

Yeah we don’t live in Franch ha ha.   She’s denied it and done what she could to prove it wasn’t her - sure maybe they didn’t like each other - and maybe she did do it, but personally having been around it for a year while it was going on it turned into a viscous media witch hunt, she faced death threats and terrible cyber bullying right back.  

If true her story is pretty sad.  And the fact it’s still exasperated in a hockey forum across the country says a lot about group behaviour.   Wonder how many folks I’ve seen write a post questioning Hoffman’s character- stating things like “cancer in the locker room”  have even looked into it.   Some troll for sure said some awful things.   Bit of a leap thinking it’s Hoffman’s girlfriend, especially once you look at the details.   Despite this Hoffman paid the price - and showed character by sticking with his mate.   Maybe the real cancer is now in SJ.    It’s hard to imagine that a partner of a pro hockey player, would write 1000 of posts anonymously and not get caught with modern technology.   Unless she was some sort of tech genuis I’m sure ONE of those troll posts would come back to her IP address - none did but that’s not what media and folks seem to hone in on - rather instead - the assumption that she did do it.   EKs wife was exposed to 1000’s of them and Melinda accused Caryk and took her to court - guess what zero evidence of it came up...do you really think that’s what Caryk was spending her time doing?  I don’t.   And obviously neither did Hoffman.   If anything Caryk is a bigger victim in all of this then anyone.   Huge assumption on EKs wife’s part.   And the facts show it wasn’t the right target - which seems a heck of a lot more likely that a disturbed troll would do this.     Smoke fire yes - it’s 100% obvious a troll campaign was out for blood.   Seems like it’s still going on to this day by reading some of the trash comments on this site - why contribute- instead educate yourself a little first.   Assume. - Makes an Ass of U and Me. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

lol, san jose made out like bandits in that trade, they most likely didnt want hofmann from the start. they dumped salary 4 (Michael boedker) million and got a second and moved up from 7 to 5th and 6th to 4th. imagine if we could get rid of 4 million cap space in sutter and get draft picks.             

Edited by Petey_BOI

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yeah we don’t live in Franch ha ha.   She’s denied it and done what she could to prove it wasn’t her - sure maybe they didn’t like each other - and maybe she did do it, but personally having been around it for a year while it was going on it turned into a viscous media witch hunt, she faced death threats and terrible cyber bullying right back.  

If true her story is pretty sad.  And the fact it’s still exasperated in a hockey forum across the country says a lot about group behaviour.   Wonder how many folks I’ve seen write a post questioning Hoffman’s character- stating things like “cancer in the locker room”  have even looked into it.   Some troll for sure said some awful things.   Bit of a leap thinking it’s Hoffman’s girlfriend, especially once you look at the details.   Despite this Hoffman paid the price - and showed character by sticking with his mate.   Maybe the real cancer is now in SJ.    It’s hard to imagine that a partner of a pro hockey player, would write 1000 of posts anonymously and not get caught with modern technology.   Unless she was some sort of tech genuis I’m sure ONE of those troll posts would come back to her IP address - none did but that’s not what media and folks seem to hone in on - rather instead - the assumption that she did do it.   EKs wife was exposed to 1000’s of them and Melinda accused Caryk and took her to court - guess what zero evidence of it came up...do you really think that’s what Caryk was spending her time doing?  I don’t.   And obviously neither did Hoffman.   If anything Caryk is a bigger victim in all of this then anyone.   Huge assumption on EKs wife’s part.   And the facts show it wasn’t the right target - which seems a heck of a lot more likely that a disturbed troll would do this.     Smoke fire yes - it’s 100% obvious a troll campaign was out for blood.   Seems like it’s still going on to this day by reading some of the trash comments on this site - why contribute- instead educate yourself a little first.   Assume. - Makes an Ass of U and Me. 

I don't live in Franch, personally i have no clue what that is. I'm from Ottawa and was very aware of all these rumours about these incidents as some friends work in bars where they can hear things from players on the team or w/e, some of my friends know people in the senators payroll etc.... its all hearsay to be fair. But it's still there. I don't care about bashing them, they've moved on and their time in Florida went pretty well. I still dont want to go anywhere near this player due to these reasons. 

I have been living in France for my studies but am often back home in OT. You can say this has swayed my opinion of Hofmann unfairly, but I don't want that guy anywhere near Petey, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat etc... we are building a team based off character and locker room chemistry, and signing Hofmann after all this "hearsay", is counterproductive. I'm sure he will find a home in the NHL, and I don't wish him poorly whatsoever. He's an excellent player that will be costly and does not fit money wise with us either way.

To be fair, I don't really think I'm bashing Hofmann or his girlfriend, although I should have maybe stated that she is "allegedly" crazy instead of just saying she's Hofmann's crazy girlfriend. So if that was in poor taste, I appologize. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I don't live in Franch, personally i have no clue what that is. I'm from Ottawa and was very aware of all these rumours about these incidents as some friends work in bars where they can hear things from players on the team or w/e, some of my friends know people in the senators payroll etc.... its all hearsay to be fair. But it's still there. I don't care about bashing them, they've moved on and their time in Florida went pretty well. I still dont want to go anywhere near this player due to these reasons. 

I have been living in France for my studies but am often back home in OT. You can say this has swayed my opinion of Hofmann unfairly, but I don't want that guy anywhere near Petey, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat etc... we are building a team based off character and locker room chemistry, and signing Hofmann after all this "hearsay", is counterproductive. I'm sure he will find a home in the NHL, and I don't wish him poorly whatsoever. He's an excellent player that will be costly and does not fit money wise with us either way.

To be fair, I don't really think I'm bashing Hofmann or his girlfriend, although I should have maybe stated that she is "allegedly" crazy instead of just saying she's Hofmann's crazy girlfriend. So if that was in poor taste, I appologize. 

The Franch thing was their legal system forever was opposite of ours - guilty until proven innocent - sorry should have mentioned that had no idea you live there.  I too have live close to OTT for the past decade - people here are crazy in a good way for their Sens - front page news is a minor trade here as you know or really just about anything that’s going on with the club.   So for sure was exposed to it.    Don’t worry not singling you out,  it’s just frustrating to see a franchise go through that when your this close to it even though I’m not a Sens fan (but do like the rivalry between the Laffs and them here - it’s often very entertaining to witness)...  I like Hoffman and Stone and Ceci having watched them play enough but not Stone so much anymore ha ha.   Hoffman on the right deal would help the Canucks get some goals scored - maybe a slight upgrade on TT overall maybe not.   What happened wasn’t fun - it was like a soap opera here for a year or two.   BBQ lady on fire and scarred for life (50% of her body burned), Troll Job,  fire sale, Duchene/Cab-Gate....it was ridiculous.   So maybe my back gets up a bit still seeing it perpetuated, and in this case Hoffman shouldn’t have to carry this around like some stink unless proof actually comes to air at some point.  In which case, yeah I’d be concerned too. 

• Cheers 1

I’m still surprised Buffalo took Hall. It would be fun to make a “Me First” all star team of guys like Hall, Duchene, Bobrovski etc.

The season could end up being another bubble playoffs again, are players like Hamonic silently blacklisted for opting out of the past one?