you have to factor in waste

because you cannot have a 100% kill rate when you are shooting blind

so clearly that may entail or require more weaponery

and a substantially higher volume of ammo

they should clearly be an essential service as a result

but there should be perhaps a 5 gun limit on semi automatic gun purchases

and 100,000 limit on bullets

guns vs virus

guns win every time (if you have enough ammo of course)

The NRA should and would step in and challenge your draconian limits. What if an angry COVID-19 infected horde of Mexicans was trying to invade your home? Clearly no limits and no legislation is the answer, unless it is legislation that increases the purchase of guns. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

The NRA should and would step in and challenge your draconian limits. What if an angry COVID-19 infected horde of Mexicans was trying to invade your home? Clearly no limits and no legislation is the answer, unless it is legislation that increases the purchase of guns. 

i disagree

there is a wall to prevent that eventuality

trump pronounced there is a wall

so there is one

you cannot factor in mythology to advance your position

the wall will limit any scenario

involving a mexican horde

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

We're all replying in somewhat tongue in cheek fashion about the gun story, but think about it for a minute....

The hardcore gun enthusiasts see this as an infringement on their God given right to purchase and own guns.....meanwhile the US is in the grip of an emergency, the likes of which it hasn't seen since WWII....people are hoarding....people are fighting over supplies...the divide between the haves and the have-nots is more pronounced....and the entire crisis is still viewed through an ultra partisan lens....

.....and some folks really want to go and by some guns in reaction....what could possibly go wrong?

• Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You can't make this stuff up folks....the NRA is going to court in an attempt to have gun stores declared an essential service :rolleyes:

https://fox40.com/news/business/nra-sues-california-gov-gavin-newsom-and-other-state-officials-over-gun-store-closures/

America.

Schools, education centres, certain "types of health clinics" deemed non essential

Liquor stores, churches, gun stores considered essential.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know I don't know what does

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

America.

Schools, education centres, certain "types of health clinics" deemed non essential

Liquor stores, churches, gun stores considered essential.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know I don't know what does

We're on the same page, Hip....

.....well....except maybe for the Liquor Stores....:unsure:

28 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You can't make this stuff up folks....the NRA is going to court in an attempt to have gun stores declared an essential service :rolleyes:

https://fox40.com/news/business/nra-sues-california-gov-gavin-newsom-and-other-state-officials-over-gun-store-closures/

Apparently, 3 guns/rifles for each and every man, woman and child in America is not enough!:sadno:

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

We're all replying in somewhat tongue in cheek fashion about the gun story, but think about it for a minute....

The hardcore gun enthusiasts see this as an infringement on their God given right to purchase and own guns.....meanwhile the US is in the grip of an emergency, the likes of which it hasn't seen since WWII....people are hoarding....people are fighting over supplies...the divide between the haves and the have-nots is more pronounced....and the entire crisis is still viewed through an ultra partisan lens....

.....and some folks really want to go and by some guns in reaction....what could possibly go wrong?

have you thoroughly reviewed the constitutional amendment permitting gun ownership?

i think not

the right to hoard guns is explicitly set out

particularly in a time of crisis

i wonder when canada will step up

and amend our constitution

to allow citizens equal opportunity to hoard guns

Just now, higgyfan said:

Apparently, 3 guns/rifles for each and every man, woman and child in America is not enough!:sadno:

It's one of the things that has always baffled me....I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people lining up to by guns are already gun owners. They want more....:wacko:

• Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I have not been a Trudeau supporter.  I have questioned Dr. Bonnie and her soft spoken updates that, at times, were puppet/puppeteer for me.

However, in seeing how things are progressing elsewhere in comparison to here I have to state that maybe, as people who are experts and/or being guided by them, they've been doing an excellent job.  My initial "shut everything down" sounds great, except the logistics behind that just aren't so simple.  And it seems to me, with each new "step" they take, it's been a well thought out process.  I do feel they could have been stronger and quicker in a more proactive response...but also now understand the focus a bit more.  That you can't "stop it" so measures were being put into place to adequately track and contain it.

I have to give them credit, whether I like/believe them or not.  They're doing a fantastic job.  Because if they weren't stuff would really be hitting the fan right about now.  We're managing to keep this at bay to some degree.  Although time will tell, I want to think they've got a much better handle on things than I initially gave them credit for.

Still not perfect, but this is a crisis that is unprecedented and they're navigating the waters pretty well.  They've been confident and caring.  It feels real to me...that they're trying their very best.  YVR, however...not so much.

My only concern is how accurate are the actual numbers? There's thousands of tests awaiting results and thousands of people who can't get tested. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

have you thoroughly reviewed the constitutional amendment permitting gun ownership?

i think not

the right to hoard guns is explicitly set out

particularly in a time of crisis

i wonder when canada will step up

and amend our constitution

to allow citizens equal opportunity to hoard guns

Never...I hope.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And swap the Absolut for Grey Goose, and swap the one on the opposite end with Glenfiddich 

TBH, I'm strictly a beer and whiskey man, (and by Whiskey I mean Scotch or Irish Whiskey) so the Vodka and tequila (is that what the second one is) would be replaced for sure....

New cases:  92

Total cases 884

444 VCH

291 Fraser Health

60 Vancouver Island

77 Interior

12 Northern

12 long term care homes with at least one resident/staff member test positive

6 in VCH; 6 in Fraser Health

52 people in ICU

1 additional death VCH region

45% fully recovered (396 people who had it & are now recovered)

• Thanks 3