The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

14 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I pointed out the Netherlands about a week ago when I noticed their death rate was abnormally high (~4%). Now they're at 6.5%. They really shouldn't be that high given the health of their populous and the quality of their medical system. 

they were slow in responding

they preferred to initially monitor

and had some views about "herding"

that seem to have been a bit distorted

Edited by coastal.view

22 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I pointed out the Netherlands about a week ago when I noticed their death rate was abnormally high (~4%). Now they're at 6.5%. They really shouldn't be that high given the health of their populous and the quality of their medical system. 

I am dutch, basically all of my family chain smokes cigarettes...not surprised all of them have some form of respiratory issue. Get a virus like this when you have that and kiss your arse good bye at a higher rate than normal. So, No not surprised to hear that

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This NHL rewind Sportsnet is doing is an awesome idea. I like the Raptors rewind on TSN too. (Though I've yet to watch any of either, think I'll tune in for Nucks/Hawks tonight :towel:)

I would love if TSN would replay the 2010 World Junior gold medal game. Doubt they would since Canada lost but I remember is being one of the greatest hockey games I've ever seen.

Rarely do I care to go back & watch old games in full, but that would be an exception. Was incredible back & forth action. 

Willie D!... No wonder we lost

Edited by AV's Coin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

I just got some scary news, My grandson and his live in girlfriend  had to call an ambulance,  for her as she has a bad cough, chest pain, both have colds. she has been working where she had to be in public. some workers tested positive last week, so she was brought in to work full time.  

Sorry to hear, Bree. Hope everyone will be okay. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I am dutch, basically all of my family chain smokes cigarettes...not surprised all of them have some form of respiratory issue. Get a virus like this when you have that and kiss your arse good bye at a higher rate than normal. So, No not surprised to hear that

Interesting. Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about flying into Amsterdam airport and being shocked that people were smoking right in the terminal (not sure if this is still the case).

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

I just got some scary news, My grandson and his live in girlfriend  had to call an ambulance,  for her as she has a bad cough, chest pain, both have colds. she has been working where she had to be in public. some workers tested positive last week, so she was brought in to work full time.  

That is terrible news. I hope that she’s going to be okay.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Lady Gaga’s dad started Go Fund me page to get 50k to pay his employees.

His daughter is worth around 300 million and routinely gives him money.

This guy really has some balls on him!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/gagas-dad-slammed-after-asking-public-for-money/ar-BB11QoKR?li=BBnbfcL

If they public will pay, why have his daughter fork it up 

26 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

No words....except that this is reality for far, far too many people right now. The message speaks for itself. :(

That's why I've had to keep telling some people, "There's a reason why the whole flippin' world is shut down. This is for real guys. Do your part." 

Some people are having a hard time grasping the fact that it's really happening. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, chon derry said:

there was some irony in the meme that I posted , but oh my god I must some kind of non believer ..  so who's taking it out of context?

The meme you posted was stupid. Explain where the “Irony” is present

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

big hugs Bree!

just know we have the best health care on the planet. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1