The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta also funds each child's schooling 2000.00 per year more than BC.....

Wow......    underfunded schools... no masks. during a PANDEMIC.

What could possibly go wrong.... ?

Where is the leadership in BC politics  ?

Were the Lieberals doing better? 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7249741/ak-47-mask-shooting-cigar-store-police/?fbclid=IwAR0Bv_J3nxKjmgqaxtLwa-3KVHWsHmFi13HXoVyimTczlSftzqngJ1V829Q

Guy goes into a cigar store. They tell him they need him to wear a mask. He flips out takes two cigars. Employee follows him says he has to pay for the cigars. Fires a handgun in the air and at the employee when he gets into his truck. Then uses an AK-47 to shoot police officers. 

If the cigars won't kill you....

Edited by Ghostsof1915

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7249741/ak-47-mask-shooting-cigar-store-police/?fbclid=IwAR0Bv_J3nxKjmgqaxtLwa-3KVHWsHmFi13HXoVyimTczlSftzqngJ1V829Q

Guy goes into a cigar store. They tell him they need him to wear a mask. He flips out takes two cigars. Employee follows him says he has to pay for the cigars. Fires a handgun in the air and at the employee when he gets into his truck. Then uses an AK-47 to shoot police officers. 

You forgot.  White, taken in to custody.  No issues 2 minor gsw's.  VS.....essentially everyone of colour in the US that the protests are about.

It's actually crazy what is happening in the US right now

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

If we're worried about cases, the surest bet is to stay home and e-learn because it's 2020. Forget masks and half measures. 

Boom, done. 

25 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pretty hard to e-learn many programs... such as welding / auto mechanics / electricians.......

Most kids are not successful at e-learning.....  

We need young people in school.  Wear a mask / smaller group/class sizes /  social distrance / plastic barriers .....  Boom done. 

Some sort of hybrid between these two would be my suggestion. Neither are ideal, but they're the best option we have at the moment.

The problem you see in some areas (like the Georgia example) is that the push for full, in person school attendance is politically based, rather that scientifically based.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That's nuts.  Don't think wearing a mask is going to do anything with that many people crammed in a hallway.  Glad I did my time.  

That’s a hell of a lot crowded than my Vancouver high school days. 

This doesn’t look healthy in ANY normal school day, if not merely for the mind...

Edited by Me_

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Good thing we in BC have an anti mask Provincial health office with Dr. B

Call the election soon Horgan....  we need change.  

BREAKING - Alberta is making mask use mandatory for Grade 4 to 12 students, and all school staff, when school returns in the fall.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-school-re-entry-update-covid-19-1.5673241

So they still only need it in the hallways and not classrooms. Found that interesting that they wouldn't just do both but I guess it would be almost impossible to have kids keep masks on during a whole classroom session while throwing it on to walk for 5 minutes wouldn't be that hard. 

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

So they still only need it in the hallways and not classrooms. Found that interesting that they wouldn't just do both but I guess it would be almost impossible to have kids keep masks on during a whole classroom session while throwing it on to walk for 5 minutes wouldn't be that hard. 

Do you really think 30 kids can be 2 metres apart in a classroom ?

From article

All teachers and staff will be required to wear masks in settings where two metres of physical distancing cannot be maintained. 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Some sort of hybrid between these two would be my suggestion. Neither are ideal, but they're the best option we have at the moment.

The problem you see in some areas (like the Georgia example) is that the push for full, in person school attendance is politically based, rather that scientifically based.

I like the Denmark model. Full days for kids.  But cohort size is max 9-10 kids.

Best model i have seen so far.

BC is way too cheap / and anti public education  to pay for it though...

Edited by kingofsurrey

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Good thing we in BC have an anti mask Provincial health office with Dr. B

Call the election soon Horgan....  we need change.  

BREAKING - Alberta is making mask use mandatory for Grade 4 to 12 students, and all school staff, when school returns in the fall.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-school-re-entry-update-covid-19-1.5673241

We have an Anti-Mask premier here - Edmonton and Calgary made masks mandatory in all indoor public spaces and guess what - numbers were down over the weekend. ONLY reason he balked on masks in schools was because of the backlash he has faced here.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Might need to gov to emphasis abiding by private own businesses policy. Maybe institute a fine for people who break private policy. That might straighten people out.

Just because you don't have to wear a mask on a street and in some stores doesn't mean you can do that in places that have masks implemented in their own policy. It's not public rights vs private policy. You got to abide by both.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Because they are mostly from 3 groups.  Knuckle dragging morons who pray at the TRUMP alter, anti-vaxxers, and pseudo-science homeopathic health nuts.  

But... But... the so called progressive BC NDP government under Horgan and Dr. Henry are also against mandatory mask wearing.    Sure, they recommend wearing face masks when you can't social distance, but that isn't going to cut it when less than 1/2 the people on transit wear it.

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That's nuts.  Don't think wearing a mask is going to do anything with that many people crammed in a hallway.  Glad I did my time.  

jesus christ what is wrong with the people in that country?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

what I want to see is classes split into three groups, 10 per group with each group coming for 2.5 hrs/day.  You can get al,most as much done in 2.5 hours and 10 kids as you can in 6 hours with 30 kids.  That way they can spread out and breaks can be staggered

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"Zaborowksi was hit in the buttocks and the leg during the shootout"

I'm reminded of an old Sopranos episode "The fleshy part of the thigh"....where a 'rapper' hires Bobby to shoot him in a non-lethal part of the body (thigh) in order to get 'street cred'.  Bobby, ends up shooting the guy in the butt.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2