The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

And the case at the gym I go to that I mentioned earlier happened on the 21st, not last Friday the 28th as I thought. So it took them an entire week to be notified and then notify the rest of their customers that someone with covid walked through their doors. 

That happened at the Freshco here...shop there often.  When they had a case(s) it was only "reported" through the Sobey's website that didn't have it front and center, but in a link where you had to dig for it.  After someone got wind of it, they spread it on FB and, sure enough, then a sign went up on the door.  In the meantime, we'd all been going in/out of there without this information, that may have changed our shopping habits had we known!  Very irresponsible.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That happened at the Freshco here...shop there often.  When they had a case(s) it was only "reported" through the Sobey's website that didn't have it front and center, but in a link where you had to dig for it.  After someone got wind of it, they spread it on FB and, sure enough, then a sign went up on the door.  In the meantime, we'd all been going in/out of there without this information, that may have changed our shopping habits had we known!  Very irresponsible.

The real question is how many other businesses have/are doing the same thing - either not publicly reporting and/or taking their sweet time doing so?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yup, as I said a couple pages ago, there's just too many conflicting goals with trying to get parents back to work and hence their kids back to school, in the midst of a pandemic.

It's going to be a cluster &^@#. This is going to be nothing like the 'normal' it seems a great many are thinking it will be.

School is going to be a mess, contributing to a spike in cases. Parents won't in fact be able to go back to work as kids either get covid or need to stay home with the sniffles. Kids also won't get to go to school as their parents contract it with the loads of people they interact with everyday.

Cluster &^@#.

Our after school care just bailed, one week before school starts.....one week notice.  Thanks

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I'm so tired of cowardly people sticking their heads in the sand hoping that "normal" is going to work.  It's cowardly..........people with courage see the struggle and choose to face it and do what needs to be done.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Just got back from Costco.

80% of people wearing masks...

Hopefully soon it is  No mask, ? ....  then get the F out.....

People need to think about WE  and not ME....... 

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Can you provide a quote/source?

Her most recent advice is that we have to slow down...that we needed to reconnect in summer but we have to be careful.  I don't see a "don't worry, we're just testing more" in her recent reports?

So please don't post misinformation.  These were her thoughts as of yesterday.

Go to the BC Covid dashboard and see ‘new testing’.  You can read this as well. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/new-coronavirus-testing-site-vancouver-covid-19-1.5692273

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Calming down isn't "stabilized".  So you're putting a spin on things that things are "fine" when they're simply trending toward "better".

You mean trending ‘down’ despite increased testing.  And the gov’t not passing any restrictions.  Not sure you have any point to make here.  

Calming down means the gov’t feels things are under control, in other words stable.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

You'd have to be just plane crazy....

This is the only plane I'm riding these days:

Spoiler

Plane (tool) - Wikipedia

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Our after school care just bailed, one week before school starts.....one week notice.  Thanks

That sucks for you but I completely get why. Again, this is going to be a cluster &^@#. Too many conflicting goals.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I don’t get why people keep thinking that we can or will just go back to the old normal.  Take it from an old guy...there is no going back. Only constant is death, taxes and change. 
And the more things change the more they stay the same. 

Edited by spur1
  • Cheers 4

25 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I don’t get why people keep thinking that we can or will just go back to the old normal.  Take it from an old guy...there is no going back. Only constant is death, taxes and change. 

Agree 100%

7ed781fdba45276602940a5596dfef68.gif

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, spur1 said:

because they're cowards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spur1 said:

it also doesn't mean the new normal won't be better. Somethings things do change for the better. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Robert Long said:

it also doesn't mean the new normal won't be better. Somethings things do change for the better. 

I've been saying that too.

Kind of nice for people to learn to respect personal space.  To wash their hands and cover their mouths.

To spend quality time outdoors and with family.

To not push and shove in line ups...to allow for breathing room.

• Cheers 1

Not sure that many people see yet that even when we have the COVID 19 pandemic under control, the world will have changed and how we do things is and will continue to be different.  I'm getting tired of all the organizations asking for money to "tide them over", "bail them out" etc.  To me it seems that the new normal may reflect that the economy has contracted and not every business/organization is viable.  Where is all the bailout money supposed to come from?  Just to name a few, CFL, PNE, Aquarium....everyone wants grants, loans, deferrals.  

We're now at the point where we're likely going to start seeing real struggle as mortgage deferrals are over, rent payments deferrals are over and lots of people still aren't back at work.  

Saw a post yesterday about Purdy's chocolates and how they are struggling.  Maybe they need to redo their business model?  They are in every mall with storefront presence, that's expensive and would require selling a LOT of boxes of chocolates to cover the cost and pay the staff wages.  Are we as consumers expected to jump into the breach and buy extra chocolates (a luxury?) just to keep them afloat?  Meanwhile people are struggling to keep a roof over their head and food on the table.