The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On 10/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, Sean Monahan said:

Don’t they run the tests over weekends? 

It's like the electrons in computer networks don't work over weekends. I can pay on a credit card on Friday, instantly the money comes out of my account. It doesn't show up on the credit card website until about Wednesday of the following week. Who is doing what with my money for those 5 days!!???

4 hours ago, wloutet said:

It's like the electrons in computer networks don't work over weekends. I can pay on a credit card on Friday, instantly the money comes out of my account. It doesn't show up on the credit card website until about Wednesday of the following week. Who is doing what with my money for those 5 days!!???

Its amazing how things that are all done VIA electronics, have no need for humans, also seem to shut down on Saturdays and Sundays lol

On 10/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, debluvscanucks said:

That's horrible....COVID's ramping up and there's no relief in sight.  It's pretty scary stuff.  Anyone not taking this seriously needs to wake up.

For sure. The only question for me is - what does it mean to take it seriously? For me it is not only wear masks and washing hands as often as possible. All these just pospone the moment when  the virus gets to everybody. The Covid situation give humanity a chance to switch to the healthy life style. Since we will have to live with virus for a long  time this is our only chance.So,  excersise, eat healthy food, spend as much as possibble time outside, fight depression, etc. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

189. No wait, 204. 

Why would it matter King? 

Would it be alot of work for government to release covid number each day of the week.

Every other province does it that way.   Seems like it would be easier for average BCers to understand daily transmission trends if it was once per day / 7 days a week.

Every province in Canada except BC seems to agree with me....

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Would it be alot of work for government to release covid number each day of the week.

Every other province does it that way.   Seems like it would be easier for average BCers to understand daily transmission trends if it was once per day / 7 days a week.

Every province in Canada except BC seems to agree with me....

you didn't answer the question, why would it matter? trends happen over weeks and months. 

Edited by Robert Long
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

you didn't answer the question, why would it matter? trends happen over weeks and months. 

I think most citizens would prefer to see covid number each day.  consistent methodical approach.

Every CDN province agrees with me.  BC 's approach makes no sense.  Just confuses people.

Typical arrogant BC approach.   

• Wat 1

11 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think most citizens would prefer to see covid number each day.  consistent methodical approach.

Every CDN province agrees with me.  BC 's approach makes no sense.  Just confuses people.

Who is it confusing?  Come Monday (or Tuesday this week) we will just see what the weekend was like and go from there.  Getting it daily doesn't change much, you can still figure it out and more people are probably less likely to pay attention to this stuff on a weekend anyways as they don't have radios on or have news on the TV, etc. Only reason I ever know what the numbers are is because Sekeres and Price go over it every day at 3 when I am headed home so thats when I hear any numbers, I would be completely clueless on the weekends if they did it.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

we have an good online dashboard will all the info you could ever find useful. Its sad that you're judging the effort as bad based on your need for constant informant not being fed. 

What would you do differently King if you got numbers on Saturday vs Monday? 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Seems like it would be easier for average BCers to understand daily transmission trends if it was once per day / 7 days a week.

Now insulting the intelligence of the population of B.C.

Well done.   :picard:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

You do realise people aren't just a bunch of dummies right?

We can figure things out if numbers aren't given to us on weekends.

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

B.C.

638,915 tests done

10,185 confirmed cases  or 1.59 % of people tested are positive

245 deaths                         or 2.40 % of positive tests result in death.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a6f23959a8b14bfa989e3cda29297ded

68 people in hospital

19 in I.C.U.

Doing so much better than a lot of places, but not time to relax.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Now insulting the intelligence of the population of B.C.

Well done.   :picard:

How is providing consisent clear daily covid information to BC citizens insulting BC citizens.? 

This is what every Canadian provides does in case you don't have the chance to follow how things work in other provinces.....

Well done bud..... 

Edited by kingofsurrey

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

How is providing consisent clear daily covid information to BC citizens insulting BC citizens.? 

This is what every Canadian provides does in case you don't have the chance to follow how things work in other provinces.....

Well done bud..... 

You, expressing how it would be easier for people, assuming the people of B.C. can't do simple math. That was the insult.

Edit:

also. I'm not your bud, guy

Edited by gurn
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well done bud..... 

But how does daily numbers change anything?  You could put out weekly numbers and get the same results, if it was every saturday-friday and numbers came out Fridays then we would all know them going into the weekend and that number would look much bigger.  Why does daily numbers matter so much to you?

22 minutes ago, Russ said:

But how does daily numbers change anything?  You could put out weekly numbers and get the same results, if it was every saturday-friday and numbers came out Fridays then we would all know them going into the weekend and that number would look much bigger.  Why does daily numbers matter so much to you?

Some might think that it's trying to find anything to pick holes in and whinge about.  Facts are that we are doing so much better at the moment than some other provinces, we have a steady hand at the tiller and a plan to move forward.  It may not be a plan that everyone agrees with, but right now the plan is providing a safe environment for people to live work and be educated.  For sure schools right now are challenging, but the risks of not opening were too great.  For many kids schools are a safe haven and that can't be ignored.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Should move to one of those other provinces then.