The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Hopefully soon Dr. B comes to her senses....  Masks will save lives.....   BC needs to  be a pro science province if we are going to beat covid.....

Red zones: Quebec mandates masks in high school classrooms, bans team sports

(This item is being updated)

Starting Thursday in red zones, masks will be mandatory in high school classrooms and all team sports are banned. The measures will be in place until at least Oct. 28.

CDC guidance on #Covid transmission finally out: Most common: Infection via close contact, droplets, singing, talking, etc Somewhat common: Infection via airborne viral particles that can linger Not as common: Infection from virus on surfaces https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html

Edited by kingofsurrey

See this on Twitter today..

TheJourneyGenie
@TheJourneyGenie
· 12h
Please don't go wishing me a happy #WorldTeachersDay until we have the same #COVID19 protections other workers do. I don't want platitudes, well wishes, a cake or teacher discounts. I want my students and I to be safe in my classroom. #bced @jjhorgan #WearAMask

Trump's latest tweet is about him getting released today. Words to the effect that he feels great, better that he was 20 years ago, and DON"T WORRY ABOUT THIS COVID-19! Can you think how some of his supporters are to take that quote? "Oh, Trump says don't worry about it, let's go party!".  The least he could have done is talk to people about taking care, and how he might have contacted it, and how to avoid it. In other words, make it a teaching situation. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Trump's latest tweet is about him getting released today. Words to the effect that he feels great, better that he was 20 years ago, and DON"T WORRY ABOUT THIS COVID-19! Can you think how some of his supporters are to take that quote? "Oh, Trump says don't worry about it, let's go party!".  The least he could have done is talk to people about taking care, and how he might have contacted it, and how to avoid it. In other words, make it a teaching situation. 

Steroids will do that for you. 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, wloutet said:

That would assume he has learned something.

36 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Well, US is gonna be in for another sh*t shiw now.

• Thanks 1

I bet you Trump's not feeling great. His whole public existence is nothing more than a facade in the end. He wants everyone to think he's strong. Doesn't mean he is.

I wonder what it would be like to be a fly on the wall listening into Trump behind the scenes. :ph34r:

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I bet you Trump's not feeling great. His whole public existence is nothing more than a facade in the end. He wants everyone to think he's strong. Doesn't mean he is.

I wonder what it would be like to be a fly on the wall listening into Trump behind the scenes. :ph34r:

Probably a lot of complaining, crying, and wheezing. 

And that’s just during lunch. 

• Haha 1

This failure to learn from Sars is  Dr. Bonnie Henry because you were lead doctor for Toronto. You're again ignoring the lesson of precaution needed in the face of conflicting science. ⁦

Canada put health-care workers at risk of contracting COVID-19 and taking it home to their families because it failed to learn lessons from Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome in 2003, a new report says.

Mario Possamai, who authored the report and was senior adviser to a two-year commission on SARS, outlines multiple shortcomings by the Public Health Agency of Canada.

Possamai says in the report, titled “A Time of Fear: How Canada Failed Our Health-Care Workers and Mismanaged COVID-19,” that the safety of workers, from those in long-term care homes to respiratory technicians and nurses and doctors in hospitals, has been ignored.

It says union sources suggest 16 workers died of the pandemic, though official reports put the number at 12 deaths.

Canada’s infection rate among health-care workers is four times that of China, the report says.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7378213/canada-sars-lessons-failed-coronavirus-report/

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

This failure to learn from Sars is  Dr. Bonnie Henry because you were lead doctor for Toronto. You're again ignoring the lesson of precaution needed in the face of conflicting science. ⁦

Canada put health-care workers at risk of contracting COVID-19 and taking it home to their families because it failed to learn lessons from Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome in 2003, a new report says.

Mario Possamai, who authored the report and was senior adviser to a two-year commission on SARS, outlines multiple shortcomings by the Public Health Agency of Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7378213/canada-sars-lessons-failed-coronavirus-report/

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

image.jpeg

“My sense was, and it still is, that somehow the government expected front-line workers to put themselves in harm’s way, without having adequate PPE. It’s like expecting a firefighter to go into a burning building without the proper equipment to protect them.”

Today - 

Delta Hospital has closed to general patients as its COVID-19 outbreaks worsens.

Dr. Elizabeth Brodkin, chief medical health officer at Fraser Health, said seven patients had died after contracting the illness inside the hospital. She said several of the staff cases stemmed from transmission outside the hospital in the broader community.

Edited by kingofsurrey

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

“My sense was, and it still is, that somehow the government expected front-line workers to put themselves in harm’s way, without having adequate PPE. It’s like expecting a firefighter to go into a burning building without the proper equipment to protect them.”

I know an ER doc at VGH, according to him things went better than expected. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

I know an ER doc at VGH, according to him things went better than expected. 

yah, 16 dead staff in CDN hospitals is really something to brag about... Your  buddy sounds like quite the guy....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

yah, 16 dead staff in CDN hospitals is really something to brag about... Your  buddy sounds like quite the guy....

with respect King, you're being a bit of a spaz. If you look at how we did compared to other G20 countries we've done well in terms of staff safety. 

You seem to want to blame Henry for the pandemic itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1