The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

However you want to look at it, The vaxxed play a big part in that as well

Omicron has flipped the script a bit, no doubt, but the ratios are still deeply revealing about where the problem lies.  Again, as omicron sunsides and delta starts to build, we'll see those numbers re-calibrate

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Deb

You say over and over on these pages how you enjoyed your youth and the old days.  You revere those free days.

Are you now just an old grumpy lady?

Can't you  see that there are a huge number of people here and not a fringe, peacefully demonstrating for your human rights?  And you want to cheer against them?Can't you identify with them as who you used to be when you were young and free and not terrified?

If not that's ok.  But maybe - just let them be and don't actively cheer against them like a grumpy old lady.

They are demonstrating against my human rights not not have a hospital bed wasted on keeping a selfish idiot alive.  There is a reason people are cheering against them: because they are actively trying to damage the country and won't accept the fact that we already voted on this issue and the adults won soundly.  Now if they'd stop throwing their tantrum because they aren't being given the same privileges as those of us who aren't useless parasites, that would be appreciated.  Maybe don't actively cheer for these losers like a 5 year old who wants to eat ice cream for breakfast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Damn, I love this style in your hockey talk, But common lol

Didn't think you'd be able to.  The Canadians whose brains function properly are sick of paying the bill for the medical treatment of the stupidest members of our society.   Our country would simply be better without these parasites in it.  Let them suffer the true consequences for their choices and let them do their own research when they get covid.

Now I pose this to you again:  Name one antivaxxer that makes the country better with their presence.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Deb

You say over and over on these pages how you enjoyed your youth and the old days.  You revere those free days.

Are you now just a senile old man who has lost the ability for critical thought? Do a little research...actually never mind, you'll probably go to facebook or have one of the fearless youth show you what's up from tiktok:picard:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Here's what you're missing.  The people getting vaccinated are TRYING, we're doing our part.  Antivaxxers are putting their own self interests ahead of the entire population and giving COVID an easy path to run through.  

This will help you understand how it works:

image.png 

I get alot of people come here to troll, And all you responding right now always defend the correct side. I'm literally only saying, Until the fully vax stop spreading covid all together, I don't agree with the finger pointing that is because people are unvaxxed, We are in this pandemic. It would still be here even if 100%, Just a lesser extent. To me that's not enough to slander unvaxxed people at this point. Unless they are a vocal freedumb fighter about it

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Didn't think you'd be able to.  The Canadians whose brains function properly are sick of paying the bill for the medical treatment of the stupidest members of our society.   Our country would simply be better without these parasites in it.  Let them suffer the true consequences for their choices and let them do their own research when they get covid.

Now I pose this to you again:  Name one antivaxxer that makes the country better with their presence.

Go back and answer some questions yourself. Whats with answering questions with more questions? 

I think i'm getting away from this cesspool of a topic, People are just hear to vent their own life frustration on other people i swear lol.
Back to hockey i go..

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I get alot of people come here to troll, And all you responding right now always defend the correct side. I'm literally only saying, Until the fully vax stop spreading covid all together, I don't agree with the finger pointing that is because people are unvaxxed, We are in this pandemic. It would still be here even if 100%, Just a lesser extent. To me that's not enough to slander unvaxxed people at this point. Unless they are a vocal freedumb fighter about it

They're still wasting hospital beds whether they complain or not.  The bottom feeders pulling this crap in Ottawa are an entirely new level of scum though.  I am still shocked humans can  be as stupid as these idiots, and see no reason for anyone with a pulse to try to make excuses for their behaviour.  Hopefully the cops are ready to go and lock them up for the slightest violations; they simply are not welcome in civilized society.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Go back and answer some questions yourself. Whats with answering questions with more questions? 

I think i'm getting away from this cesspool of a topic, People are just hear to vent their own life frustration on other people i swear lol.
Back to hockey i go..

You failed to answer mine.  I specifically said that anyone unvaccinated by choice is not worth wasting medical resources on, but these truckers are even worse and are actively trying to destroy our country.  Once again: Name one antivaxxer who this country would not be better off without. 

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/i-stand-with-neil-young-joni-mitchell-to-remove-her-music-from-spotify/ar-AATgsmA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Joni Mitchell says she stands with Neil Young and has decided to remove all her music from streaming giant Spotify.

AATgbGm.img?h=1013&w=1438&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

Earlier this week, Young pulled his music from Spotify after giving the company an ultimatum over concerns about podcaster Joe Rogan spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine on his show "The Joe Rogan Experience."

n a statement on her website Friday, Mitchell says she is taking action because "irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives."

Mitchell says she also stands with the scientific community on the issue.

On her website, she includes a letter signed by a coalition of scientists, medical professionals, and professors that criticizes Spotify for featuring Rogan podcasts that they say include misinformation about the pandemic, including discouraging vaccinations in young people and children.

Spotify, which has a multi-year distribution agreement with Rogan, granted Young's request on Wednesday and within hours began taking down his albums.

"I Stand With Neil Young!" Mitchell says in the statement on her website. 

"I’ve decided to remove all my music from Spotify," reads the statement. "Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives. I stand in solidarity with Neil Young and the global scientific and medical communities on this issue."

Despite Young's move, some of his music can still be heard on Spotify.

In Canada, some of Young's work, "Cinnamon Girl,'' "Old Man'' and the entirety of his new album "Barn,'' disappeared, but many other songs included on film soundtracks and compilations did not.

Mitchell first became well known in the 1960s for composing and performing songs such as "The Circle Game," "Both Sides Now," and "Woodstock."

She went on to record the influential album "Blue" and more than 20 other releases over her career.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 28, 2022. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/i-stand-with-neil-young-joni-mitchell-to-remove-her-music-from-spotify/ar-AATgsmA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Joni Mitchell says she stands with Neil Young and has decided to remove all her music from streaming giant Spotify.

AATgbGm.img?h=1013&w=1438&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

Earlier this week, Young pulled his music from Spotify after giving the company an ultimatum over concerns about podcaster Joe Rogan spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine on his show "The Joe Rogan Experience."

n a statement on her website Friday, Mitchell says she is taking action because "irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives."

Mitchell says she also stands with the scientific community on the issue.

On her website, she includes a letter signed by a coalition of scientists, medical professionals, and professors that criticizes Spotify for featuring Rogan podcasts that they say include misinformation about the pandemic, including discouraging vaccinations in young people and children.

Spotify, which has a multi-year distribution agreement with Rogan, granted Young's request on Wednesday and within hours began taking down his albums.

"I Stand With Neil Young!" Mitchell says in the statement on her website. 

"I’ve decided to remove all my music from Spotify," reads the statement. "Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives. I stand in solidarity with Neil Young and the global scientific and medical communities on this issue."

Despite Young's move, some of his music can still be heard on Spotify.

In Canada, some of Young's work, "Cinnamon Girl,'' "Old Man'' and the entirety of his new album "Barn,'' disappeared, but many other songs included on film soundtracks and compilations did not.

Mitchell first became well known in the 1960s for composing and performing songs such as "The Circle Game," "Both Sides Now," and "Woodstock."

She went on to record the influential album "Blue" and more than 20 other releases over her career.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 28, 2022. 

The US can have Fleury, we'll take Neil and Joni back.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Actually, there are arguments and data that dispute this.

For some, sure. 

For others, services have moved on line and people can now get help without having to leave their homes as a result.  Isolating actually made receiving services easier for some.  And there are reports showing that people with depression, etc. saw others struggling and it made them feel more connected.  Others were experiencing the same things they were and it reduces some of the stigma as empathy comes into play.

It also forced people to remove themselves from the fast pace of the rat race. Employees were suddenly working from home and not having to spend time in traffic jams commuting back and forth. More time to focus on nutrition and health. Freed up some time that normally would be spent getting to/from work. Relieved some of that pressure.

So it evens out in some regards.  

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Actually, there are arguments and data that dispute this.

For some, sure. 

For others, services have moved on line and people can now get help without having to leave their homes as a result.  Isolating actually made receiving services easier for some.  And there are reports showing that people with depression, etc. saw others struggling and it made them feel more connected.  Others were experiencing the same things they were and it reduces some of the stigma as empathy comes into play.

It also forced people to remove themselves from the fast pace of the rat race. Employees were suddenly working from home and not having to spend time in traffic jams commuting back and forth. More time to focus on nutrition and health. Freed up some time that normally would be spent getting to/from work. Relieved some of that pressure.

So it evens out in some regards.  

I agree there have been some def. perks to the pandemic in light of the tech improvements for those who needed it.  But it's too bad it came at so high a cost, but in terms of lives and mental health.  I'd say it only evens out in the long term for that aspect.

3 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

Yeah right...

In terms of infant mortality per 100,000 live births, the United States ranks 34th out of 44 countries.

In median household income, America ranks fourth out of 36 countries.

The murder rate per 100,000 people puts America at 89th out of 230 countries.

America is the second worst of 20 countries when it comes to share of CO2 emissions.

America’s health care costs are the highest out of 48 countries.

Life expectancy in the United States ranks 46th out of 193.

In student math performance, America comes in at number 39 out of 71 countries.

As for doctorates per capita, its rank is fourth of 35 countries.

The country does rank second out of 154 countries in international patent applications.

And in number of people in the military, it ranks third out of 149 countries.

Ninth of 26 countries is the rank in suicide rates per 100,000.

But the percentage of people living in poverty puts America at number 127 out of 172.

America’s crime rate is 56th out of 137 countries.

In reading, the United States ranks 24th out of 71 countries.

In terms of happiness, America’s rank is 24th out of 95.

In export sales, America is second out of 231 countries.

The country ranks 12th out of 180 in terms of internet speed.

America is the second-largest car market out of 10.

In obesity, the U.S. rank is 35th out of 44 countries.

And it ranks 71st out of 134 in terms of the safest countries.

I love a good ol' USA bash as much as anyone, but there's just no way they're not the world's leader atm.  The world is pretty much dependent on the security blanket they provide, and given how we've gotten a preview of how Chinese authoritarian rule would pan out here, yeah, I'd take 'murican chaos any day.

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Deb

Can't you  see that there are a huge number of people here and not a fringe, peacefully demonstrating for your human rights?  And you want to cheer against them?Can't you identify with them as who you used to be when you were young and free and not terrified?

If not that's ok.  But maybe - just let them be and don't actively cheer against them like a grumpy old lady.

What rights exactly are you talking about? The Constitution allows for curtailments of rights and privileges with a legit excuse. I’m pretty sure pandemics fall in that category. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I agree there have been some def. perks to the pandemic in light of the tech improvements for those who needed it.  But it's too bad it came at so high a cost, but in terms of lives and mental health.  I'd say it only evens out in the long term for that aspect.

And people say I drink too much.  What in the world are you even talking about?  

• Haha 3