The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Keep defending them. They love it. Just take the shots and ask no questions. 

And those adults who foolishly refuse these vaccines stay away from our hospitals for Covid.  Simple.  Then our hospitals wouldn’t be full of antivaxxers who are sick with Covid.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Says who?  Just because it was done quicker doesn’t mean shortcuts were taken. Technology is speeding things up considerably. 

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Along with the amount of global resources and manpower that was put into this.

Also the info on covid is flowing freely, nothing is getting stuck at the bottom of some agencies "to do " list.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Decent read on the soccer thingy

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-sport-idUSL1N2T81NY

Some pointed to Christian Eriksen but that dude wasn't vaxxed.

A lot of the fear is being spread by some retired footballers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10339755/Premier-League-field-heart-issues-fuelled-suspicion-Covid-vaccines-players.html

There seems to be an increase in soccer heart attacks lately. I can't see how they'd prove that it's related to the vaccination program. I'm not aware of any studies on that topic yet. There is some data to support increased myocarditis risk, particularly among younger males. The risk of death from covid is probably much worse though. The numbers in the chart below don't represent deaths.

myocarditis.thumb.jpg.35ab441b700f9e3a90f3607fd2b35bc5.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

There seems to be an increase in soccer heart attacks lately. I can't see how they'd prove that it's related to the vaccination program.

So what do you think?

Some sensationalised headlines are saying 100+.....then you read that it is not just the athletes, they are counting. training staff, coaches etc..

I know following MMA, that covid has taken it's pound of flesh. Lots of issues from the virus. No issues I have heard from the vaccination though.

I think mma and soccer are probably two of the most fit sports on the planet. If the vaccine had this side effect for top tier healthy folk, i would have thought it would have shown up in MMA. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So what do you think?

Some sensationalised headlines are saying 100+.....then you read that it is not just the athletes, they are counting. training staff, coaches etc..

I know following MMA, that covid has taken it's pound of flesh. Lots of issues from the virus. No issues I have heard from the vaccination though.

I think mma and soccer are probably two of the most fit sports on the planet. If the vaccine had this side effect for top tier healthy folk, i would have thought it would have shown up in MMA. 

I think the risk in younger males is real, but not nearly enough to justify not taking the vaccine. Maybe they could implement a better monitoring program for the athletes. I hope we don't start to see this in hockey. For the soccer players I'd be curious to see year over year incidence rates of heart attack and see if it's actually an increase or not.

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So what do you think?

Add hockey to that.  Sutter, Stalock, Archibald to name a few

• Cheers 2

Here is a fun question for you all. 
If someone gets covid, and not this weak ass omicron garbage, but the OG or Delta…..

Does that person have to get the vaccine, and should they need to provide a vax passport?   

It’s been proven that getting Covid provides you with much stronger antibodies than the vaccine.

So if that person isn’t worried about getting it again, should they be required too?

Should that count and you get a “antibody passport”?  

• Cheers 1

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

I think the risk in younger males is real, but not nearly enough to justify not taking the vaccine. Maybe they could implement a better monitoring program for the athletes. I hope we don't start to see this in hockey. For the soccer players I'd be curious to see year over year incidence rates of heart attack and see if it's actually an increase or not.

So to be clear. You think that covid is more of a threat to a young healthy lives than the vaccine?

Since 'everyone is going to get it' it makes sense to get the jab then?

I brought up MMA because they never shut down and have covid numbers that compare to the soccer vaxxed claim, @100 (coaches and athletes)  have been affected by covid in a bad way. This is a sport that also does not have as many people competing.  You'd think you would have heard something if the vax was soo bad for the heart. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Here is a fun question for you all. 
If someone gets covid, and not this weak ass omicron garbage, but the OG or Delta…..

Does that person have to get the vaccine, and should they need to provide a vax passport?   

It’s been proven that getting Covid provides you with much stronger antibodies than the vaccine.

So if that person isn’t worried about getting it again, should they be required too?

Should that count and you get a “antibody passport”?  

Thats not a fun question at all..

I'll try.

First, does weak ass omi not give you any anti bodies?

Cant they get covid again?

Has it been proven that covid provides better antibodies than the vax....for sure?

Cause, I've go omi right now....should i bother about a booster? or will that make me super protected? 

There, I answered your questions with questions.

My bad. 

But if they could establish and antibody passport I suppose that makes sense....then again, i dont love the passport idea.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Cardiac events are unfortunately somewhat common in the elite aerobic athlete. Eriksen at the Euro Cup is the most recent examply. There was Jay Bouwmeester a couple of years ago. It happens in marathon and cycling as well. There is often an underlying cardiac issue that is undiagnosed. Many of these athletes experience cardiac muscle hypertophy which can increase the likelihood of a cardiac event. This has been an ongoing discussion for years on how cardiac screening processes can be improved.

Heard about this guy called David Goggins.

Read his autobiography You Can't Hurt Me.

He went through the 

Navy seal training program a few times before he passed and them became a ultra marathon runner.

He did all of this before he discovered he had a hole in his heart.

I would recommend his book to anyone who wants to be inspired.

He doesn't talk about his service apart from his training.

• Cheers 1