The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

18 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Latest rumour has the liquor stores closing down tomorrow. It could be a real gong show. 

I went to BC liquor store last night, almost everything was gone and 50 people were in there shopping. The 3 beer that were plentiful were corona, bud light, and Kokanee haha

32 minutes ago, HKSR said:

First hand experience from an individual that just got back from Spain...

STAY HOME!!!!  Do it for your grandmother, grandfather, mom, dad, aunt, uncle... just stay home!!!

THIS.....THIS.....THIS....

THIS is the one of the front line faces of what is happening due to COVID-19. FFS, PAY ATTENTION, people. She is telling you what will happen if you don't. And that's not even the butt-&^@#ing ugly details of what is happening in hospitals in Italy...with elderly people dying at home...with funerals taking place without family or mourners because they are so overloaded with corpses at some funeral homes that they have to get them in the ground fast. Plus, those bodies are still most likely contagious. PAY ATTENTION to what people like this woman are telling you is happening in some of the highly impacted areas.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Toews said:

You will have to qualify why. Its the same virus, it just arrived earlier in Japan than it did here. The poster hasn't hidden the fact that his perspective is from Japan/Asia. I don't see him trying to mislead anyone. 

Because we didn't enact the same measures and the ones we did are too little, too late.  We are Italy, not Japan.

I drove down the main drag in Vernon a cpl hours ago and if was packed.......stores, restaurants, Starbucks

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

My buddy in Edmonton told me that if you call 811 and tell them you have symptoms consistent with covid-19 they’ll send somebody to your house to test you?

if true, wtf. 

Why is this a wtf?

Going to a clinic or a hospital and infect everyone there is much better; right?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Why is this a wtf?

Going to a clinic or a hospital and infect everyone there is much better; right?

Because here in BC they just tell you to suck it up and self-isolate unless the symptoms become severe, you came into contact with a confirmed case, or travelled to selected countries

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because we didn't enact the same measures and the ones we did are too little, too late.  We are Italy, not Japan.

I drove down the main drag in Vernon a cpl hours ago and if was packed.......stores, restaurants, Starbucks

We are Canada. Not China, not Italy, not Iran, not Spain, not Germany, not South Korea, not France, not USA, not Switzerland, not the UK, not the Netherlands, not Norway, not Austria, not Belgium, not Sweden, not Denmark, not Japan, not Malaysia, who all have higher cases than Canada, nor do we have the same culture or set of laws as any of those countries.

Borrowed from each other, Canada still has to come up with a plan for itself; the second biggest country in the world, with the population of Tokyo. 

Go.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Because here in BC they just tell you to suck it up and self-isolate unless the symptoms become severe, you came into contact with a confirmed case, or travelled to selected countries

Yeah. That’s the only way to truly deal with this.

Many tests are coming out as negative, symptoms shown or not.

I have a buddy working at the airport. He is FREAKED. People coughing everywhere, no mesures taken to “test” people or measure their temperatures. There wasn’t a guide telling people to go this or that way for testing upon arrival.

Total inefficiency.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Yeah. That’s the only way to truly deal with this.

Many tests are coming out as negative, symptoms shown or not.

I have a buddy working at the airport. He is FREAKED. People coughing everywhere, no mesures taken to “test” people or measure their temperatures. There wasn’t a guide telling people to go this or that way for testing upon arrival.

Total inefficiency.

YVR has failed miserably. Should be held accountable. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

I think we're about at the point to let that go JM.  Society as we know it is pretty much in the past.  Start thinking about surviving the next two years at this point

nah. You're forgetting we produce far more than we use in Canada - see below. We have far more capacity for production in Canada than we need. 

We won't ever run out of pork, wheat, barley or potatoes. Basically we'd have to switch from the Mediterranean diet to the Ukrainian diet. 

EXPORT STATISTICS

We export half of our beef/cattle, 70% of our soybeans, 70% of our pork, 75% of our wheat, 90% of our canola and 95% of our pulses. Over 90 percent of Canada'sfarmers are dependent on exports as well as about 40 percent of our foodprocessing sector.

http://cafta.org/agri-food-exports/

12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Guys they closed down the gyms. They took away the thing that takes me away from not watching hockey!!!

AND THE ICE RINKS ARE OUT TOO?

What a travesty. I am gonna die of boredom.

you know, there's this thing called "outdoors" thats awesome for workouts :lol: seriously, i see boot camp people working out outside all the time. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

you know, there's this thing called "outdoors" thats awesome for workouts :lol: seriously, i see boot camp people working out outside all the time. 

I do enough outdoor stuff already. Doesn't work my chest or back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I do enough outdoor stuff already. Doesn't work my chest or back.

there's got to be a youtube video out there somewhere on how to do a full workout outside,  or at least one that can help you maintain. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

I have four rolls bud.

It is because I watch all of this stuff that I’m not panicking. But there has got to be a level of awareness.

Younger and younger people are dying. If you think ha I’m young it won’t affect me, well, Italy says differently as 20 and 30 year olds are getting sick now. And last week it was 40-45 year olds. 

It’s either mutating or taking longer to hit younger people.

The UK revealed live yesterday that babies are being born with Corovid-19. 

Spain has declared that Corovid-19 stays on pavement for 9 days.

You could show no signs, have a test come back negative, and infect thousands with weaker immune systems by proxy.

This is no joke. It’s never time to panic. But complete cooperation and complete awareness of what’s going on is imperative.

"Younger and younger people are dying. If you think ha I’m young it won’t affect me, well, Italy says differently as 20 and 30 year olds are getting sick now. And last week it was 40-45 year olds."

I was worried about this possibility, and here is a link to a story from Ontario:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/some-people-in-their-30s-with-coronavirus-being-placed-on-ventilators-ontario-health-minister/ar-BB11nhDs?ocid=spartandhp

"

Ontario's health minister says some people in their 30s with novel coronavirus are being placed on ventilators, adding the COVID-19 pandemic is a "very serious health situation for all Ontarians."

Christine Elliott made the remarks during a press conference with Premier Doug Ford and Finance Minister Rod Phillips at Queen's Park Wednesday afternoon.

Elliott said while younger people more often seem to be carriers of the virus and do not often experience severe symptoms, there have recently been situations where "people in their 30s are now becoming very ill and are having to be placed on ventilators."

READ MORE: 23 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Ontario, total active cases at 206

"We’re seeing that certainly across Ontario," Elliott said.

"We’re also seeing it in places like the United States, in New York for example. Very significant increase in cases. They are finding their health system is being severely overburdened right now. We don’t want to get to that situation in Ontario."

It is not clear if the individuals Elliott was referring to have underlying health conditions, though medical experts have said that older people and those with underlying conditions are most susceptible to developing severe symptoms of COVID-19.

Elliott encouraged social distancing and asked people to not gather in crowds.

In that same press conference, Elliott said automakers in Ontario are looking to be outfitted with tools needed to create ventilators.

The province has ordered 300 additional ventilators, she said, adding that the current supply of the machines is sufficient for the time being.

Ontario reported 23 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 203.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1