The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just had my 4th shot.

Lady at the front desk had heard my comments about being asked to go to Comox, Cumberland or Nanaimo before.

" Yes, we get a lot of people saying that"

"Don't know why the phone people can't figure it out".

Ps- Flu shots will be available soon-without appointments.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Both my sister-in-law and nephew had Covid this spring. Both have had health issues for the past 4-6 weeks which haven't put them in bed but have not been feeling well at all. Testing has now established a virus in their kidneys. Their doctor is saying it is becoming common with recovered Covid patients. Both are recovering without pills. Scary since people like Sutter who have had long Covid issues. 

interesting, well I guess we'll watch out for that too. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

And now there are two flavours of bi-valent vaccines:

forgot to post the URL - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pfizer-bivalent-covid-vaccine-approved-1.6609699

The way I feel today, kind of wish I'd waited for the pfizer.

minor headache, nasuea and at 4:30 am a case of the shakes.

On the plus side- I managed to eat something, and keep it inside me.

I'll be dozing on and off till Jays Game time.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

I got sick with the first three. I'm on the fence with the fourth. I don't feel like getting sick again.

11 minutes ago, gurn said:

Which vax did you get?, Hope you feel better.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Moderna/ Omi bivaluent.(sp)

I personally don't jump to the vx right away as I used to, Just because it does feel like a less of a threat but also I don't blame anyone that does, Sometimes just need to wait and watch for side effects, Are you feeling better today?

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Hey, I'm not dying, just feels like a moderate hangover-which is hitting hard as I haven't had a hangover in years. :)

I would classify my feeling as a 12 beer hangover on day one, 10 beer day two, 8 beer day three and 8 beer day 4.

All three shots were nasty business for me.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I would classify my feeling as a 12 beer hangover on day one, 10 beer day two, 8 beer day three and 8 beer day 4.

All three shots were nasty business for me.

When I got my second booster, I had  a headache and the chills that lasted through the night and was tired the next day.  I don't remember how I felt with the first two shots. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, Chris12345 said:

I got sick with the first three. I'm on the fence with the fourth. I don't feel like getting sick again.

I had my fourth. Only effect I had was about 18 hours later I felt like I crashed into a wall. I finished laundry, then took a nap. Felt better in another 3 hours.

One of the mildest effects I've had since the first dose. Probably even milder than the first.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I had my fourth. Only effect I had was about 18 hours later I felt like I crashed into a wall. I finished laundry, then took a nap. Felt better in another 3 hours.

One of the mildest effects I've had since the first dose. Probably even milder than the first.

Nice maybe there's hope for me haha.

Glad it was the mildest one.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Got my notification for my booster, but I tested positive.  Wasn't too bad.  Kinda mild.  Guess I'll be waiting for the booster for a bit.

lucky you, my covid case was brutal and my gf, who has been sick in the 12 years we've been together, was sick af as well.  We're both over the "sick"part, but are both suffering serious after effects

• Huggy Bear 3

On 6/21/2022 at 1:00 PM, gurn said:

Today, I realized my patience for stupidity is at an all time low.

I had some moron try to tell me that it was "A good thing the Protest forced the government to change it's vaccine rules"

" You think a bunch of wing nut protesters convinced a government to change policy, and that medical science had nothing to do with it?

Sorry, I disagree".

Then I got away from him, as he was likely still unvaxxed, at all.

At that point I realized I was perfectly fine with the idea of putting all  these losers on D'Arcy Island; and keeping them there.

Bumped into this fellow again today.

He went on about the 400,000 people that were at the protest in Ottawa, and having to see how the 8th shot works out.

I replied with " When every single non vaxxed person is dead, we won't have to worry about covid anymore"

He looked at me strangely and I clarified " Well, if you are going to start with gross exaggerations, I will respond in kind."

Sadly, he seems like an ok guy, just terribly misinformed about science.