The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 hours ago, spur1 said:

I don’t know if it’s because you live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese well or what it is...but I don’t think you are reading the room very well. Barring a miracle bleach cure Trump will be getting slaughtered in November.  

You think Trump is going to get slaughtered?  The Dems had 4 years to find a suitable candidate to go up against Trump, they chose Joe Freaking Biden, who of all the candidates in the final 6 or 7, was the one I had the least belief in.  His policies aren't nearly as bad as Bernie or Sanders but atleast they seem to have some balls and could try and go face to face with Trump, Biden is just going to casually stroll in and pray all the middle people who voted Trump last time will vote Dem this time.  Of all the candidates they could have chosen they grabbed a 77 year old Biden....

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Because Albertans are Trump supporters and do as Trump recommends.... 

Just because you support Canadian conservatives doesn't mean you support Trump.  Trump is like the PPC on roids.

3 hours ago, samurai said:

Not an insult but a statement of fact and concern.  Recently, you come across as a lot more derailed. 

It’s you, Tiny Dancer. You channel the best in me.

You have a hard time reading the room. Many people are telling you. You’re not listening. 

You come across as holier than thou. And that doesn’t jive with anyone.

But how about that Fukushima transparency about the nuclear leak in the pacific eh? Or is that too “passé” for you...

Total transparency.

Maybe Amabie is doing magic. 

You’re being duped and your trying to spread misinformation. 

Why Japan gets no Covid-19 respect

Japan's sudden spike in coronavirus cases after Tokyo Olympics postponement raises eyebrows

What you don’t test you don’t know...

‘COVID-19 did not change much in Japan’s daily life’

This is 21 hours ago:

Japan’s Surge in COVID-19 Infections Threatens To Derail Healthcare System

Not much urgency seen in Japan's COVID-19 state of emergency — despite some success

Experts warn of health care collapse in Japan if virus keeps spreading

COVID-19 Is a Test for World Leaders. So Far, Japan’s Abe Is Failing.

Clash looms in Japan as Tokyo governor says Abe’s Covid-19 measures not enough

Last week:

Japan COVID-19 cases surge over 10,000 with hospitals stretched

There’s a massive difference between reporting some news and discussing, like most of us are doing in here when events occur, and thinking you’re above everyone else in knowledge and savoir faire by posting misinformation. 

Just comes across as severely arrogant, especially in light of the numerous articles available on Japan (bestest) with but a quick Goodle search.

Get with the program bud.

Look. I understand you’re looking for best case scenario. I understand the need for good news and lots of hope. 

But what you’re doing just doesn’t help anyone understand better what’s going on.

There are 4 billions people on lockdown; more than half the Earth’s population.

Maybe. Just maybe. Something spectacularly immense is happening.

Now of course, fear mongering is not helpful at all in these times. Posters here are pretty good at putting their thoughts together quite accurately and according to known knowns.

But to downplay scientific research and stats as non-factual and constantly and indirectly telling people they’re out to lunch with their stats, facts and their knowledge, well, that’s never going to pass.

Regardless, if you think Japan isn’t hiding anything from its population and the rest of the world, then you’re as blind as the bat that got eaten and started this thing in the first place.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, aliboy said:

Here is the full statement in case the ones who really should click on the link don’t click on the link:

ACEP-AAEM Joint Statement on Physician Misinformation

The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

COVID-19 misinformation is widespread and dangerous. Members of ACEP and AAEM are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities. ACEP and AAEM strongly advise against using any statements of Drs. Erickson and Messihi as a basis for policy and decision making.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 2

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/south-surrey-walmart-employee-tests-positive-for-covid-19-virus/

21387086_web1_200430-PAN-SouthSurreyWalm

An employee at the South Surrey Walmart has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, the company confirmed. (Brenda Anderson photo)

South Surrey Walmart employee tests positive for COVID-19 virus

Store associate last worked April 16; self-isolation protocols taking place: head office

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

An employee at the South Surrey Walmart has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

A representative of Walmart Canada’s head office in Ontario confirmed the news to Peace Arch News Monday afternoon, after an inquiry earlier in the day; PAN was first alerted to a possible positive case by someone associated with another employee at the South Surrey store, which is located at 2355 160 St.

“We are keeping the associate in our thoughts and wish them a speedy recovery,” Walmart corporate affairs manager Felicia Fefer said by email.

The employee last worked at the store on April 16, she added.

• READ ALSO: As shelves empty, South Surrey shoppers say they’re ‘not panicking’ over COVID-19

Associates identified as having been in close, prolonged contact with the employee in question have been directed to self-isolate “out of an abundance of caution.” As well, “regular, enhanced cleaning” of the store continues to take place, as do social-distancing measures.

“Rest assured, we will continue to take measures necessary to ensure the well-being of our customers and associates,” Fefer said.

There have been 50 new cases of COVID-19 since Saturday across B.C., provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said Monday, bringing the province’s overall total to 1,998.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Regardless, if you think Japan isn’t hiding anything from its population and the rest of the world, then you’re as blind as the bat that got eaten and started this thing in the first place.

In fairness to Japan tho, you can't hide over-run ICU's and deaths. They still have a free press. If I had to choose between being in the US or Japan, I'd be in Japan in a heartbeat during this time.

There's just so much speculation, projection, opinion going on everywhere right now, but when you look at the most important numbers - critical hospitalization and deaths - you can see which counties are getting it right. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I prefer the Ontario path.  More short-term pain but less risk long-term.  More “conservative” approach.:P

its funny, if you compare it to the US, "conservative" right now means opening things up faster. Doug Ford would be considered a liberal running a blue state right now :lol:

Dougie is doing a good job, and i like how he's dropped the partisanship and has given credit where due to the feds. I hate his social policies but he is doing a good job through this crisis. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

OMG wait.

I see a patterrrrrrrrrn! You, Japan, Saskatchewan, lowest numbers... 

Japan wins? YeSS!! Japan wins again!

Because Japan is top of it all! Yes!

Japan!

Im sure the bestest country in the universe, Japan (because why would it be any other country), is super totally honest, just like the Fukushima transparency, right?

On a side note; do you know why Japan (bestest) is only allowed to build a defensive army and not an offensive one? Check it out. 

It’s the perfect place with the perfect people Japan.

samurai... you’re the bestest. Keep posting the only truth there is. Without you, not only bestest Japan is lost, but we, subordinates, are also lost.

We’ll forget that the Tokyo health system

is on the verge of collapse ok?

All I’m saying really is, Japan.

I’m also giving you “vintage goal lights” because they’re shiny and you like shiny things.

Japan.

Although I'm not a big fan of Samurai's vague approach and constant resistance to voicing any kind of authoritative opinion on anything, your posts are increasingly getting obnoxious. It seems like every second post in this thread is yours. It reminds me of another poster who mentioned that you seem to live for this thread.

Although, I will thank you for your posts, as they are a constant reminder for me every time I visit that I have better things to focus my attention on. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Although I'm not a big fan of Samurai's vague approach and constant resistance to voicing any kind of authoritative opinion on anything, your posts are increasingly getting obnoxious. It seems like every second post in this thread is yours. It reminds me of another poster who mentioned that you seem to live for this thread.

Although, I will thank you for your posts, as they are a constant reminder for me every time I visit that I have better things to focus my attention on. 

I think it's just a case of being stuck in the same room with a person (even if you normally LIKE that person) for period of time without any kind of break.  Probably why working alongside your 'significant other' isn't always a good idea.  I frequently split-off into one of my other personalities because I can't stand myself.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think it's just a case of being stuck in the same room with a person (even if you normally LIKE that person) for period of time without any kind of break.  Probably why working alongside your 'significant other' isn't always a good idea.  I frequently split-off into one of my other personalities because I can't stand myself.:P

It seems to me like it's more of a case of some posters being the CDC COVID justice warriors.

The CJWs are watching your every post and opinion just waiting to call you out :ph34r:

• Cheers 2

Early days.  Human and animal trials ongoing.  Hopefully, this all works out, but we are months away form a working human version in the best-case scenario. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/monkeys-given-new-oxford-vaccine-coronavirus-free-strong-exposure-encouraging-2020-4?utm_source=reddit.com

6 monkeys given an experimental coronavirus vaccine from Oxford did not catch COVID-19 after heavy exposure, raising hopes for a human vaccine

• Monkeys given an experimental vaccine from the University of Oxford appear to have resisted the novel coronavirus.
  • Six rhesus macaques given hAdOx1 nCoV-19 in Montana did not fall ill despite heavy exposure, The New York Times reported Monday.
  • There is no guarantee the vaccine will work on humans, but successful animal tests are a promising early sign.
  • The Oxford Vaccine Group began human trials for the vaccine last week.
  • Upvote 2