The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

But per capita, they gotta be the dumbest...unless I maths wrong. 

Its a matter of perspective really.  Many, many idiots in America. But there are also many, many college educated people in America as well.  It's a very polarizing population here.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, coho8888 said:

My apologies to our american forum members here but your country has some really stupid people.

LMAO the one guy telling people to cough in my face, even the best of times I don't want people to do it haha.  Or the lady who's daughters are dieing in the car (firstly wtf you doing out with kids so sick) but then blames 5G when it is limited test faze rolled out at this point lmao, what a god damn idiot.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Over 750 Iranians died from drinking methanol in a misguided idea that it would kill the C-19 virus. ???

That's the danger from having religious fanatics in government (down South or over there).  And might be the reason why the Conservatives are in opposition in this country (re: social conservatives).  As goofy as the left-wing nuts, only they're better organized.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Malcolm Gladwell video on the G&M kinda of put the C-19 virus in perspective. He thinks the idea that isolation will be effective long term will not stand up. The majority of the people will get this virus. 

I think people will go back to work. The critical concern is testing capacity to ensure those who do have the virus can be isolated. Ortho announced yesterday that they will be able to antibody test 2 million per day by the end of May. Their equipment is in over 1000 USA hospitals. 

Association of American Physicians & Surgeons said 2333 patients were treated with hydroxychloroquine with 91.6% showing clinical improvement. China, France, Australia and USA are using the drug. Not a long term answer for the vast numbers. 

11 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Hmm.  CFL is asking for a bailout.  Not sure what to think of this.

Get the NFL to buy the league, change the rules to American or 'Normal' and boom there's your NFL development league.  

16 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That's the danger from having religious fanatics in government (down South or over there).  And might be the reason why the Conservatives are in opposition in this country (re: social conservatives).  As goofy as the left-wing nuts, only they're better organized.

IIRC the Iranian case was the result of a lack of trust in the current regime. The ayatollah didn't call a press conference and suggest to his citizens to drink methanol. Its the reverse situation with the USA where people are ingesting fish tank cleaner and disinfectants because of their trust in Bone Spurs.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

IIRC the Iranian case was the result of a lack of trust in the current regime. 

Who was the person over there (minister of something....health?) that said the virus wasn't a problem (or something to that effect) while actually *looking* sick while delivering that speech.....then shortly testing positive for that virus?  No wonder the people over there don't trust anything that is said by the government.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The isolation efforts have never been to eradicate the virus, it was to flatten the curve and make sure we all don't get it at once.

I don't think anyone in Canada at least ever suggested isolation was anything other than 'phase 1' of dealing with this. We wanted to avoid a northern Italy scenario, which we did. It can still occur though so the next phase is going to be tricky. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Who was the person over there (minister of something....health?) that said the virus wasn't a problem (or something to that effect) while actually *looking* sick while delivering that speech.....then shortly testing positive for that virus?  No wonder the people over there don't trust anything that is said by the government.

yeah, I don't remember his position, but it was bizarre....

.....downplaying the virus, while looking as though he might pass out any second. :wacko:

Still, memory is a funny thing. Now that I'm thinking back on it, I can't recall if he was the one making the "nothing to see here" remarks while looking extremely ill, or if he was looking that way while someone else was speaking...:unsure: I'm far too lazy to go back and check, so someone can correct me, if they know for sure.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Malcolm Gladwell video on the G&M kinda of put the C-19 virus in perspective. He thinks the idea that isolation will be effective long term will not stand up. The majority of the people will get this virus. 

I think people will go back to work. The critical concern is testing capacity to ensure those who do have the virus can be isolated. Ortho announced yesterday that they will be able to antibody test 2 million per day by the end of May. Their equipment is in over 1000 USA hospitals. 

Association of American Physicians & Surgeons said 2333 patients were treated with hydroxychloroquine with 91.6% showing clinical improvement. China, France, Australia and USA are using the drug. Not a long term answer for the vast numbers. 

Who ever said it was?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1