The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Kerosene or Motor oil? Pick your poison!

Battery Acid right too the veins, uhhh that was very graphic, this is a PG Forum. Look @ what you made me do buds.

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Aquamen said:

Battery Acid right too the veins, uhhh that was very graphic, this is a PG Forum. Look @ what you made me do buds.

I mean... I'm from PG... I can't really say PG is PG so just throw in some circular logic about that and you'll be fine. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, samurai said:

How about ‘not recommend’ then

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/who-should-wear-a-face-mask-30-march-who-briefing/

WHO policy has varied little since the beginning of the pandemic. For obvious reasons, namely the lack of science on masks, and in their most recent update the explain why they think masks are unnecessary/unneeded/unwarranted for people who are not sick. You can watch the video on the right that I posted previously. Not my ideas, theirs.  Nice try.  

Recommend is a synonym for endorse by the way.  

When the weather gets hotter more people will stop wearing masks. Yesterday the japan pediatric association asked parents not put masks on children under 2.  

The Japan Pediatric Association has warned parents that masks are too risky for infants.

"Masks can make breathing difficult because infants have narrow air passages," which increases the burden on their hearts, the association said, adding that masks also raise the risk of heat stroke for them.

Alright Samurai...

Let’s talk Japanese.

74846F50-B31F-4619-BF27-89C12A78300F.jpeg
That was a great talk.

I knew you were fundamentally for masks.

Tokyo Samurai today. Protecting each other.

26E6CF69-D2D6-496B-BBF0-CE9DE0984D09.jpeg

Be a samurai. Wear a mask. ;)

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 3

Soooooo..........now we have “The” Samurai, which I dearly respect; Covid-19 is getting intertwined with the Samurai?! Oh My Gosh. 

Ok everyone let’s go, 10 Push-Ups. 

Much ❤️ 

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Soooooo..........now we have “The” Samurai, which I dearly respect; Covid-19 is getting intertwined with the Samurai?! Oh My Gosh. 

Ok everyone let’s go, 10 Push-Ups. 

Much ❤️ 

Here’s a song pretty much everyone can relate to :)

Most definitely Covid-19 Era.

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

To go into this flying blind is ridiculous.  I feel terrible for our admin because they simply have no answers at all for our many questions.

Don't feel sorry for BC school admin. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I thought you might have been a kid from your postings a few years ago! (especially when you postings seemed to mature over time)

This might have actually confirmed that!

I grew up watching Ryan Gosling on Breaker High, lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Your administration should be on your side.

This may come as a shock to you, but the administration is bound by the terms of their contracts to carry out the lawful orders of the Ministry via the Board. It doesn't matter how an administrator feels or what he or she believes, they are required to follow orders. Administrators have not been part of the BCTF since January 1, 1988 when their status was changed to make them essentially managers. This made every job action since 1988 an incredibly tense time among school staffs. Often administrators were completely alone in the school for an eight hour day counting the holes in the acoustic tiles on the ceilings of their offices, while the teachers walked a line that nobody was ever interested in crossing.

• Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

There you go with your summary again:  "namely the lack of science on masks"?!?   I'm quite sure masks are not a mystery at this point.  Sure, some will misuse them but the reason most were suggesting not to (buy up the supply) was because they're "needed" in the health care sector.  If they're not effective, that wouldn't be the case.

Did you not consider that this (their words, not mine) factors in???

They also go on to say they don't criticize those using masks.  

This from the WHO'S recent advice on masks (bolded for you):

1. Advice to decision makers on the use of masks for healthy people in community settings

As described above, the wide use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not supported by current evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks. WHO offers the following advice to decision makers so they apply a risk-based approach.

However, the following potential risks should be carefully taken into account in any decision-making process:

• self-contamination that can occur by touching and reusing contaminated mask

• depending on type of mask used, potential breathing difficulties

• false sense of security, leading to potentially less adherence to other preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene

• diversion of mask supplies and consequent shortage of mask for health care workers

• diversion of resources from effective public health measures, such as hand hygiene

Here is the link.  It just repeats what is said in the video.   https://www.who.int/publications-detail/advice-on-the-use-of-masks-in-the-community-during-home-care-and-in-healthcare-settings-in-the-context-of-the-novel-coronavirus-(2019-ncov)-outbreak

So you identified one reason for healthy people not wearing masks but missed the others.

There is a recent study in the Annals of Internal Medicine that raises important questions about mask effectiveness.  Just access the site and type in masks.

If healthy people want to wear masks that is their choice, if stores demand mask wearing, that is their choice.   

16 minutes ago, samurai said:

This from the WHO'S recent advice on masks (bolded for you):

1. Advice to decision makers on the use of masks for healthy people in community settings

As described above, the wide use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not supported by current evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks. WHO offers the following advice to decision makers so they apply a risk-based approach.

However, the following potential risks should be carefully taken into account in any decision-making process:

• self-contamination that can occur by touching and reusing contaminated mask

• depending on type of mask used, potential breathing difficulties

• false sense of security, leading to potentially less adherence to other preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene

• diversion of mask supplies and consequent shortage of mask for health care workers

• diversion of resources from effective public health measures, such as hand hygiene

Here is the link.  It just repeats what is said in the video.   https://www.who.int/publications-detail/advice-on-the-use-of-masks-in-the-community-during-home-care-and-in-healthcare-settings-in-the-context-of-the-novel-coronavirus-(2019-ncov)-outbreak

So you identified one reason for healthy people not wearing masks but missed the others.

There is a recent study in the Annals of Internal Medicine that raises important questions about mask effectiveness.  Just access the site and type in masks.

If healthy people want to wear masks that is their choice, if stores demand mask wearing, that is their choice.   

Not supported and not recommended aren’t the same bud.

No evidence supported on wearing masks but highly recommended pretty much everywhere. 

Not to protect yourself; to protect others. 

Why is it so hard? Someone really, really hurt you didn’t they. 

Here’s a hug.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Aquamen said:

Whaaaaat the new 24 Team Playoff, will be lit! 
Canucks vs Wild, ooooo

Flames vs Jets oh my nice,

Oilers vs Blackhawks yummmy

Ok this is indeed pandemic related:

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

This may come as a shock to you, but the administration is bound by the terms of their contracts to carry out the lawful orders of the Ministry via the Board. It doesn't matter how an administrator feels or what he or she believes, they are required to follow orders. Administrators have not been part of the BCTF since January 1, 1988 when their status was changed to make them essentially MIDDLE  managers. 

A

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Middle managers. No real power and scared to ever speak out about what the kids in BC need. / deserve.    The new admin are hired on the basis of having no opinions  / no ideas and simply doing as they are told.  

So you collectively aim higher.

That IS. The basis of a union. 

L’union fait la force; union is strength.

Its not Communist; it’s from Winnipeg.

Well... a bit more history but you get the point.

Who is arranging a complete walkout?

Who isn’t scared to unite the people who are collectively and economically feeding this protection program? 

Who is making noise about all of this? When we have a serious concern, it is time to call phone numbers and rally the members nonstop. 

Someone has to do the job.

Edited by Me_

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

So you collectively aim higher.

In the years when i went to school... admin were old school and made real decisions about what their schools needed. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Ok this is indeed pandemic related:

&^@# he looks like an Alien, so robotic. We need a Canadian Commissioner, although Gary Bettman, took the NHL to a whole new level. I do like the bastard a little. 

Go Canucks Go

• Cheers 1