Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I realize i have become a grumpy old f...

 

But i have zero faith in my provinces citizens or our BC government(s).

People here in BC are just as dumb as texas/florid - any hicktown in the USA.

 

Refusing to wear a mask that is provided to u at costco is so disrespectful to those that have underlying medical issues... that are in the store with you.

So disrespectful and thoughless

 

#BrokenBC 

Well enough people were fooled into not seeing the BC Liberal party was just the old Socred party co-opting that organization so that shouldn't really surprise you.

  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Went to Coscto today.

 

All shoppers were handed free masks to wear inside.

 

I can not believe that probaby 30-40  percent of the shoppers refused to wear a Free mask while shopping in Costco.

 

Are BC citizens really that stupid ?

Not mandatory to wear a mask in costco yet? Thought it was

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Not mandatory to wear a mask in costco yet? Thought it was

T&T stores won't let you in if you don't wear a mask (and to my knowledge they still won't give you one for free but will let you buy one from them for a buck).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Not mandatory to wear a mask in costco yet? Thought it was

Like i said earlier... 30-40% of people in Costco today refused to wear the mask that was provided to them.

 

Sickening display by BC citizens..  

 

BTW - it was  Costco but not in Surrey.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

I realize i have become a grumpy old f...

 

But i have zero faith in my provinces citizens or our BC government(s).

People here in BC are just as dumb as texas/florid - any hicktown in the USA.

 

Refusing to wear a mask that is provided to u at costco is so disrespectful to those that have underlying medical issues... that are in the store with you.

So disrespectful and thoughless

 

#BrokenBC 

It seemed like Costco went back to their Pre Covid density today.  Letting way more people in (no wonder why not much of a line up).  This was the Still Creek one.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Went to Coscto today.

 

All shoppers were handed free masks to wear inside.

 

I can not believe that probaby 30-40  percent of the shoppers refused to wear a Free mask while shopping in Costco.

 

Are BC citizens really that stupid ?

If proper distancing is followed a mask is not required.

 

Calling people stupid for not wearing a mask is pretty arrogant. Especially considering only a couple weeks ago did Dr Tam actually say masks are recommended.

 

Its still up to businesses and shoppers if they want to wear a mask or not. Welcome to a free country.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If proper distancing is followed a mask is not required.

 

Calling people stupid for not wearing a mask is pretty arrogant. Especially considering only a couple weeks ago did Dr Tam actually say masks are recommended.

 

Its still up to businesses and shoppers if they want to wear a mask or not. Welcome to a free country.

Choosing to not wear a mask that Costco gives you when you enter their store is. exteremely stupid and disrespectful of all the Coscto employees  and every other shopper in the store. 

 

The more we wear masks when indoors the safer  we will all be. Its only common sense.....

 

350,000 deaths  -    6 million people infected almost....   and you are not willing to to wear a  store provided mask when you are shopping in a store......  wow.

 

 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If proper distancing is followed a mask is not required.

 

Calling people stupid for not wearing a mask is pretty arrogant. Especially considering only a couple weeks ago did Dr Tam actually say masks are recommended.

 

Its still up to businesses and shoppers if they want to wear a mask or not. Welcome to a free country.

If a person is in an aisle with no mask and sneezes or coughs?  How do those droplets move in the sir?  How long do they stay airborne?  Can someone coming along right after inhale those airborne droplets?

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Canadian said:

Multiple studies suggest 8-14 minutes in the air. Wearing masks should be a feature of life for the next while, and it’s for everyone’s safety.

Depends on the environment for example how confined and what kind of air circulation.   these studies are controlled so I would assume very confined, populated and no circulation - in short a perfect condition for viruses to float around.  to date WHO doesn't endorse mask wearing and there is no research either way to support use or no use in the way they are being advocated now.   Coughing into you sleeve is equally effective.   Or just holding a sneeze or cough is fine as well.   

 

However we know most people are wearing masks more for 'protection' rather than being unable to manage their own hygiene without one.  Half perhaps even more do not wear them properly or put them on properly or take them off properly.  They also end up touching their face more - as pointed out by the WHO.  When they go to places they end up putting them on tables or whatever, so masks end up being germ bombs and spreaders.

 

Stores have every right to ask for people to wear masks.  No shoes no service.  But any argument beyond that doesn't hold water.  

 

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Timbermen said:

I like what Jordan Peterson said on the Bill Maher show. Went right over their heads. Another thing, why are people being political agitators of a country they don't even live in? Especially one that seems on the brink of civil war. Half their country are trump supporters, right or wrong. 

 

 

When Bill Maher said “without the circus, he’s just a lonely clown”  I had to laugh.:P

  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

for those interested

 

Dr. Balloux (on twitter)

'Daily excess deaths in France (last 60 years). Red: #COVID19 2020 spring wave; yellow: 2003 heat wave; blue influenza H3N2 1969/70 winter wave. The areas under the curve (i.e. excess deaths) are not that dissimilar for the three events.'

 

deces-chaque-anne-depuis-2010-e1589457997518.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn’t France known as Europe’s chimney (eg., it is a smoking nation).  Seems to me a virus such as this which affects the respiratory system will make the results from this country more unique than other nations that don’t nearly smoke as much.  Or is this just urban myth?  How strong is the Catholic Church in France today?  Are there still fairly large participation’s in large Church mass gatherings (another possible cause of the spread of this earlier in the year)?   What about eating habits?  I’ve never been there but is there an abundance of cholesterol haven fast food restaurants as there are in North America?
 

I don’t know....hence my questions.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, samurai said:

Depends on the environment for example how confined and what kind of air circulation.   these studies are controlled so I would assume very confined, populated and no circulation - in short a perfect condition for viruses to float around.  to date WHO doesn't endorse mask wearing and there is no research either way to support use or no use in the way they are being advocated now.   Coughing into you sleeve is equally effective.   Or just holding a sneeze or cough is fine as well.   

 

However we know most people are wearing masks more for 'protection' rather than being unable to manage their own hygiene without one.  Half perhaps even more do not wear them properly or put them on properly or take them off properly.  They also end up touching their face more - as pointed out by the WHO.  When they go to places they end up putting them on tables or whatever, so masks end up being germ bombs and spreaders.

 

Stores have every right to ask for people to wear masks.  No shoes no service.  But any argument beyond that doesn't hold water.  

 

 

 

Wear a mask people. The evidence is there samurai. 
 

The evidence that the virus spreads in closed environments like restaurants is there.
 

It is recommended that you never hold a sneeze. You’re body is sneezing and coughing to get rid of something; not just to say hi.

 

Also, when you “hold your sneeze”, you’re essentially giving the inside of your head an instant 23km/hr pressure. Just like a punch. It’s excellent for the brain. 
 

I trust a person coughing in a mask much more than coughing in your elbow. To still debate and blatantly ignore the common sense of NOT spreading  your mouth droplets to everyone because of a barrier like a mask is nothing short of asinine.

 

You shouldn’t be going to places where you put your mask on a table.
 

You also shouldn’t spread your bullish!t.

 

It’s very simple.

 

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Wear a mask people. The evidence is there samurai. 
 

The evidence that the virus spreads in closed environments like restaurants is there.
 

Also, when you “hold your sneeze”, you’re essentially giving the inside of your head an instant 23km/hr pressure. Just like a punch. It’s excellent for the brain. 
 

I trust a person coughing in a mask much more than coughing in your elbow. To still debate and blatantly ignore the common sense of NOT spreading  your mouth droplets to everyone because of a barrier like a mass is nothing short of asinine.

 

It is recommended that you never hold a sneeze. You’re body is sneezing and coughing to get rid of something; not just to say hi.

 

You shouldn’t be going to places where you put your mask on a table.
 

You also shouldn’t spread your bullish!t.

 

It’s very simple.

 

 

Show the research then. WHO only recommends wearing a mask if sick.  You Mr. 20% of the world will die from Covid doesn’t know the difference between fact and BS.   


https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks#:~:text=If you are healthy%2C,dispose of it properly.

 

 

Edited by samurai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a reluctant mask wearer, my understanding from Dr. Henry is that not everyone CAN wear masks.  If people have breathing issues they will find it very difficult or impossible to wear a mask.  I wear one when I'm inside a store, but I have to admit its a struggle.  I almost start to hyperventilate as soon as I put it on, I hate anything on my face and I start to panic, it's uncomfortable, it fogs up my glasses and I'm the person that is slipping it on as I cross the threshold in and ripping it off as soon as I'm out the door.  

 

I do see lots of people of all ages not wearing masks, their choice.  I doubt that the limited time that I'm near someone is enough to make me sick.  I make a point of not lingering near anyone as I race through the store.  Not a lot different than when I'm out walking and encounter someone not wearing a mask, I move past them quickly.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No doubt if we all wore masks and used them properly this would be a moot point. I just got my mask about a week or so ago and I have been out to do grocery, Canadian tire, pharmacy. People believe that masks provide them immunity from the virus, I have seen more people not respect my space when I was wearing a mask than when I was without one. The original WHO recommendation makes sense now with my experience using one.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic
  • -SN- unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...