The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I wonder if they will give him games off here and there to give him opportunity to gain weight. Imagine the outcry if Loui plays a game over him?

It wasn't a new issue, he said even in high school he just thought he ate less than others... 

So he'll be in better shape than last season, just able to pack on some more energy food and gain weight as the season goes on

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

I would actually do that.  Fatigue management will win. Guys should sit some games.

Not sure who or when but it's going to matter.

With the schedule it seems inevitable. I hope most fans get the reasoning and don't over-react when it does happen.

2 minutes ago, Davathor said:

It wasn't a new issue, he said even in high school he just thought he ate less than others... 

So he'll be in better shape than last season, just able to pack on some more energy food and gain weight as the season goes on

I know.

That's what I'm hoping to see. He has the drive and offensive instincts. Extra weight will help with battles and he is working on his 200 ft game. This could be an added bonus for us if he can up his game even more.

8 hours ago, tas said:

then what ARE you here for? the purpose of a fan forum is to share your joy for something with people who share that joy. what do you or anyone else have to gain if your whole purpose is just to debate and antagonize?

I believe he's lost. He is a troll and I would bet he is part of the toxic group that makes nuck fans look like idiots on HF.

The only fanbase there that has created such gems as the 

Tank thread and the antibenning thread.

I come here to converse with actual nuck fans who aren't an average age of 16 and think the cool thing to do is bash your team except when they win, then they go all ultra Dbag making nuck fans again look like idiots.

As someone who gets banned a lot over there, CDC is a nice place to come get the stink of HF and chat and converse with mostly like minded people.

HF is great as long as you stay away from local talk but the kids who come here, from there, with their toxic attitudes need to be called out, we don't need another HF or CP.

That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with the masses but the obvious stuff that gets regurgitated and is used as a tool to bash the team or it's GM have no place here

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I believe he's lost. He is a troll and I would bet he is part of the toxic group that makes nuck fans look like idiots on HF.

I come here to converse with actual nuck fans who aren't an average age of 16 and think the cool thing to do is bash your team except when they win, then they go all ultra Dbag making nuck fans again look like idiots.

As someone who gets banned a lot over there, CDC is a nice place to come get the stink of HF and chat and converse with mostly like minded people.

HF is great as long as you stay away from local talk but the kids who come here, from there, with their toxic attitudes need to be called out, we don't need another HF or CP.

That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with the masses but the obvious stuff that gets regurgitated and is used as a tool to bash the team or it's GM have no place here

when I was a kid 25 or 30 years ago, my dad called them "fair weather fans". they've rebranded as "realists" when they don't have a clue what the word means. 

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

There must be a purpose behind that persistent toxicity, or it wouldn't have existed for so long.

You're not reading posts from actual fans, I'd surmise.

21 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Man it's tough to add lbs during the year especially with this schedule.

He needs to go on the Bryson DeChambeau diet ( put on 40 lbs and added 75 yards to his drives) .....

Here's a quick breakdown of DeChambeau's general daily diet: Breakfast: Four eggs, five strips of bacon, toast, two Orgain protein shakes. Throughout day: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, GoMacro bars, snacks, two to three Orgain protein shakes. Dinner: Steak, potatoes, two Orgain protein shakes.