The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

I don't know, motte is not even a elite 4th line scorer. even if you used his playoff numbers of 0.29 P/GP and compared to the top 124 left wingers over the last 2 years. Still, he was  producing 4th line numbers, although they would be elite 4th line numbers. I think he needs to improve on those numbers to show he can handle 2nd line duties.

Motte is not an elite 4th line scorer because he's playing with Beagle and company, mostly focused on checking and a shutdown line. I may be wrong, but I would still like to see him have an opportunity playing with Bo. Do you remember the move he put on Pietrangelo in the playoffs and scored? He can do that.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, debluvscanucks said:

I meant for the actual first game.  But I guess I didn't make that clear so you win....A TORONTO MAPLE LEAF FLAG.  :towel:

Just another dickhead 'journalist' trying to stir the pot with a fake goalie controversy.

Holtby has recently won a Stanley Cup, and these monkey thumbed degenerates have already made his life here a living hell.

Scum of the Earth.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

I don't know, motte is not even a elite 4th line scorer. even if you used his playoff numbers of 0.29 P/GP and compared to the top 124 left wingers over the last 2 years. Still, he was  producing 4th line numbers, although they would be elite 4th line numbers. I think he needs to improve on those numbers to show he can handle 2nd line duties.

*Roussel there Sparky.

3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Motte is not an elite 4th line scorer because he's playing with Beagle and company, mostly focused on checking and a shutdown line. I may be wrong, but I would still like to see him have an opportunity playing with Bo. Do you remember the move he put on Pietrangelo in the playoffs and scored? He can do that.

Everyone has thier moment. i was in mexico playing soccer and i pulled off this sick in between the legs dribble and passed the defender to score. I could never do that again in a million years.

I believe motte is a elite PK defender, and energy guy, all his stats point to it. placing him in situations where he excels is what's best for the team.

surely he will get promotions due to injuries this season. Lets let motte have a couple more eye opening plays, before we pencil him into the second line.

Hoglander seems like a good place for that lw position, Horvat and him seem to have chemistry. and I would love to see Vasily prove he belongs on the second line RW

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I'm sitting here laughing at the term "elite 4th line scorer" 

I think this is what they mean when broadcasters say we're obsessed with labelling lines in Canada

come on, are you saying brian boyle isn't a elite 4th line scorer? surely, he's at least top of his class

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

Of course it matters. It was the crux of the discussion. You completely ignored this statement by me "I'm not saying that all negative posters are not fans. I'm saying that some of them are not. I stand by that opinion."

I never said that they shouldn't be here. That's an assumption on your part. I merely stated that they exist.

Back to the camp updates etc would ya :P

Enough of this off topic blathering!

Cheers brotha ;):emot-parrot:

• Cheers 2