The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dave Randorf New Voice of the TBL

Rate this topic

-DLC-

13 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I personally never had an issue with him.  Covered the Canucks 94 run like a pro on utv sports page.  He's a Canuck fan at heart.  Wish him the best of luck. I take him over Hughson any day of the week. 

Hughson was fine here. He sold his soul to the CBC. 

4 hours ago, linden17 said:

It’s a shame he couldn’t be our radio guy but sportsnet is known for letting the good guys go and replacing them with cheap alternatives 

Sportsnet has actually stepped up their game and most of the guys they've let go should have never been allowed to disgrace the sport with their misconduct.  Mark Lee, PJ Stock, Nick Kypreos, Glenn Healy, Dave Randorf all gone in pretty short order.  None of those clowns even pretended to be a professional, to the point Sportsnet should have been ashamed of themselves for contributing to them having food on their tables.  Bring in decent guys like Burke, Shawn McKenzie, Cuthbert, and Juice,  and the upgrade is pretty obvious.  The only rotten apples left are MacLean and Hrdudy.   Overall, they've done a decent job of taking the trash out over the last few years.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I personally never had an issue with him.  Covered the Canucks 94 run like a pro on utv sports page.  He's a Canuck fan at heart.  Wish him the best of luck. I take him over Hughson any day of the week. 

The unfortunate thing is that commentators age and they're not as good anymore. And I'm as big of a Cuthbert fan as anyone, but he wasn't all that great in the playoffs - although he'd call games back to back on most nights...

I'm not a Leafs fan (at all) but this triggered me when it happened:

They don't even shoot the same hand... :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hughson was fine here. He sold his soul to the CBC. 

I missed him the first few years, but it kinda got annoying when he'd scream GREAT SAVE LUONGO  followed by a chorus of LUUUU's and your speakers were never the same.

To be fair, that's his dream job if i remember correctly(HNIC). Top in the business, top in Canada and top paid.

• Wat 1