The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jan 10 waivers 43 players

qwijibo

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Nah, leave him with them.  With his baking skills hopefully they become a team of Well-feds.  

Those former 1st rounders (Juulsen, Ho-Sang) sure do look intriguing on paper but didn't know they had so many red flags.

Yeah it’s rare that I see a player that we should try and claim. There’s always a reason and I wouldn’t want to take spot from anyone else we got unless it’s Loui haha. Another goalie would be good though, worries me a bit I think we need some NHL experience on the taxi squad oh well 

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah it’s rare that I see a player that we should try and claim. There’s always a reason and I wouldn’t want to take spot from anyone else we got unless it’s Loui haha. Another goalie would be good though, worries me a bit I think we need some NHL experience on the taxi squad oh well 

For his development it would also be better for DiPietro to be starter in Utica than just practice goalie on the taxi squad.

The only one I would seriously consider personally would be Weal, but that's also because of my own bias with him being a BC boy. Whether it actually makes sense for us or not I'm not sure. He's cheap but we have a number of bottom 6 forwards at the moment.

5 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Normally I would grab Juulsen but we have a lot of good competition on d so I would leave it alone.

I feel like there are a lot of better options than Juulsen at this point anyway. While he could come back and have a good career in the NHL from hardly playing the past couple of seasons at all, I think his situation with concussions is far worse than someone like Juolevi at this point.

6 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

noah juulsen deserves a chance somewhere, idk how good of a player he is but a young dman is always a project

He was very good in his initial games in the NHL. Taking 2 pucks to the face in the same game really derailed his career.  Montreal wants to keep him but he’s not good enough atm to take up a spot in the top 23. He needs to play. Hopefully he’ll make it through waivers and get significant playing time with their farm team 

1 hour ago, Nuck1991 said:

noah juulsen deserves a chance somewhere, idk how good of a player he is but a young dman is always a project

I remember wanting the Canucks to draft him in 2015. But the kid they drafted instead turned out ok too.

article_57c5760e-6413-4946-bcee-cd76edbc

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

I expect  wehen we do place guy on waivers the Calgary canucks  will pick them all up. Fingers crossed.
Sutter LE Benn AR 

and replace them with who? or are you saying our young guys are better? there is no player on the ufa market who is better than these guys the best player available is Hutton and i believe Benn is just as good a player.

some player's will be overpaid and some will be underpaid. You still ice the best team, Sutter and AR are Top 9 players. Benn is a  solid depth players at best, but his salary is coming off the books. No one is taking LE

7 hours ago, The Lock said:

I feel like there are a lot of better options than Juulsen at this point anyway. While he could come back and have a good career in the NHL from hardly playing the past couple of seasons at all, I think his situation with concussions is far worse than someone like Juolevi at this point.

My point was just that a couple of years ago we were so weak and shallow, that I would have taken a flyer on Juulsen.  It is nice to not want to.