The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

24 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I am really curious to see how our goaltending tandem will perform this season. Holtby's performance last season was desastrous with a SV below 0.900. Demko*s play was shaky once Marktstrom got injured in December 2019 / January 2020 and Demko was forced to take over the starter role. I recall that Demko had some tough nights on the road in January 2020 ( Montreal, Toronto).

Expect the goaltending to be significantly weaker than last season. D corps should be significantly better with the addtion of two veteran player's like Harmonic and especially Schmidt.

It's without a doubt the biggest question mark for sure. 

Time to embrace the hate, so you think we are second to last tsn?

136215534_embracethehate.jpg.c10e67eec154a072b07429cffab07af4.jpg

We are not a team like that, but we are 100% that team

1054298650_100thatteam.thumb.gif.a44938df6eacccf58814f20d8466a575.gif

I can't wait for Petey to silence the hater's. *warning strong language*

Spoiler

1630097988_Suckitbisch.gif.b2083b1bee44c22824fe2b1e8ea00447.gif

Edited by Petey_BOI

31 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Virtanen. - and Big Mac takes his place on Gaud's line

Virtanen-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Roussel-Gaudette-MacEwen

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Schmidt 

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Holtby

Demko

(Although I’m not sure who will start tonight)

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Also really excited to see Juolevi get his chance with some consistent games. Long road for the kid. 

I’m actually more excited about Joulevi over Hogz in a way. Very excited for both. But your right it’s been a long road but due to the injuries he’s had I think the timing is perfect for his development.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

The only great thing about covid19 is that I've been put on temporary leave. Meaning 4am starts are fine. Combine that with my newborn daughter who likes to wake up at that time, the timing couldn't be better. I'm looking forward to my 2 month old learning about hockey! I hope the canucks deliver for her first game :)

I left a job on paid furlough and now working again full time. Being on 80% to sit at home isn’t bad, just thought I don’t want to wait until my company makes cuts to see if I would be placed at risk so jumped to somewhere a lot more secure.

meant I got to watch pretty much all the playoffs from all teams but now I have to actually get up In the morning it’s a pick and choose on the games 

If the Canucks can shut down Connie and the German guy, they win. Slight jab from Boeser (towards Jake) regarding the defensive side of the game the last time they played together, so hopefully they're solid. So many things to be excited about with the team this year. 

Jake's progression

Hoglander takes a top 6 spot, he's good

An even better Pettersson / Boeser?

Gaudette's compete level

Schmidt's intensity

A stronger Hughes

Hamonic's size and grit

Juolevi's debut

Will Rathbone get a shot?

Holtby's comeback (working with Ian Clark)

Demko as a starter

I'd love to see Hoglander on Pettersson's line at some point. Maybe when Hogz has improved defensively.

18 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Homerism is strong with those ones, 3 out of 4 have Toronto and Montreal 1 and 2.

Yep - I think it’s going to be very tight in the division. I wouldn’t class any game as easy. I think Ottawa might surprise a few People as well

14 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

People wrote the Canucks off last season as well and look what happened.  

... and we're even better this year.  The thing is that the media is stuck on their own narrative that we have "taken a step back" and no amount of reality will push them off their own BS.  It's so nice that we get to see the real thing soon and don't have to put up with the media's alternate reality much longer.  I'm confident that we're going to have a good season even without Miller to start.  Let's show TSN and the media muffins what they're worth out on the ice.   Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

Finished my hockey pool with my Wolfpack last night and it’s days like today that bring in a new energy. With the season starting right around a new year, it’s even more of that “new and Christmas” feel to it. Happy hockey is back and always happy to discuss the season with all you fine hockey folk on here! Let’s go and kick the $€!+ out of the coilers. Edmonton was good to us this past summer, let’s see if we still have that bubble ice magic.

47 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Im sure Miller is pretty bummed about not playing. I bet he’ll play like he’s been shot out of a cannon when he returns 

For sure.  He'll likely have 4 fewer games to match Petey's goal total this year

• Cheers 1