The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah that's why I say give Greener 8-12 more games(I know you'd do it asap). Give the new coach at least 1/2 or 2/3 of the season to learn the roster and teach the players. Better prepare them for next year in this sort of scenario.

Habs have given us trouble the last few years and we play them for the next 3 games... This next week could be a pivotal moment for the teams mental.

We just need to make sure that if we can still sneak in we dint wait too long to pull the trigger 

if montreal and ottawa own us at home the daggers will be out in full force 

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Edler really should be nowhere near the top four at this stage in his career. He’s been on for most of the pk goals against but he shouldn’t be playing this many minutes anyway. They need to start putting the young guys in and seeing what they got. Edler isn’t going to get any better. I guess it just shows where this team is at when they still need to rely on him so heavily.

Edler and his minutes are not going anywhere as long as he doesn't retire and Baumer remains our d coach.

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Any suggestion on who would be a good coach ?  Imo, re vamp the assistants to get some new voice in the locker room before going all out.  

That's not an easy answer. Gallant maybe because he's worked with youngstars in FLA and I don't think Babs would be good here.

Could do that as a first step.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

That's not an easy answer. Gallant maybe because he's worked with youngstars in FLA and I don't think Babs would be good here.

Could do that as a first step.

I was thinking of Gallant too; perhaps start him of as a surprise assistant to REALLY stir the pot, Schmidt would more than likely be on board with this (?).

I am sure glad we got that playoff experience and now know how to win and no longer need any draft picks or future help because of the loaded talent we have :P

It is still early but they better pull it together soon in a shortened season, especially with a full team at the moment

The team does not look focused or confident with the puck or following a system ?

Maybe in the Spring my rose colored glasses will be blooming

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I was thinking of Gallant too; perhaps start him of as a surprise assistant to REALLY stir the pot, Schmidt would more than likely be on board with this (?).

You bring him in as an assistant that would definitely stir the pot and at least be interesting. If the team still struggles then can Green and give him the reigns.

Would be entertaining for us in that scenario.

27 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah the team needs a new identity to reflect the new core - hopefully, something with an edge to it.  Imo, Miller would be a good pick since (based on rumours that the teams best player) EP and Miller are pretty close.  Unfortunately, Bo is more familiar with the Sedins type of leadership which was perfect for those version of the Canucks...

Been saying this for awhile, this is everything like a Sedin led team without them. Weird. Unfortunately, I think the coaching staff teach the same philosophy. 

The team needs to adapt to different kinds of games, we are built for scoring lots of goals and just plain outscoring our opponents. If are top 6 are held scoreless we are in trouble. 

We have no desire to get gritty, get physical or out work our opponents. This has been this way for years. 

Our game lives and dies on the sticks of our top 6. They are afforded tons of ice time, whether they are in a funk or not. Whether they get pushed around or not or whether they are being out scored. 

Torts tried to teach them to play a different kind of game and they just shut down and quit playing for him. Nobody wanted to work hard, nobody wanted to block shots, no one wanted to get gritty. 

If Bo, Petey, Boes and Hogs get outworked and are physically muscled off the puck, we are going to have a hard time winning games. Nobody gets more ice time then them.

So keep complaining about the guys who get limited ice time(Vets,bottom 6), the D or the goalies, because the culture of this team has to change and I don't think Green is capable of taking this team to that next step.

• Cheers 2