The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

True to a point but if I owned the team I would fire him :emot-parrot:

When owners get involved with something they don't know anything about, or don't have experience in, that's when things usually get pretty messy. Look at Ottawa as a case study with Melynk. There were rumors that Aquilini's meddled as well. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's an exciting game, I don't mind it.  

As far as our D goes, right now 3/5 d-man are new guys to the team.  That's 60% fellas. 

I'm willing to let it slide for the first 10 games, which I realize is 20% of the season. 

Everything is condensed this season and each game honestly feels really important if we want to be in the playoff chase...as of now though, our D does NOT look good (exemplifies with Edler not returning to this game).

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Hindsight should not have been 20/20 on that one hahaha. Jokes aside, Toffoli loss was expected and Markstrom loss was pretty much expected to be a huge loss, however Holtby playing as well as he has really has softened that blow considerably. 

The Tanev loss should have never happened. When I found out we didn't sign him I was pissssssseeedddddd. Brutal GM move. 

I think we will need to offset his defense with the offense of Rafferty and Rathbone (if they reach the potential I have them at, which is 40 point defenders). If this team transitions into a possession team, we will be alright but if we play passively we are catering to our weakest chain on this team. 

Benning needs to replace Tanev. Either through UFA or trades, because Canucks defensive play has been brutal this year. We had weak D with Tanev in, without Tanev we dont even have a D to rely on for defensive responsibilities. Hamonic isnt it, we need a Suter type D man.