The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, cyacry said:

Everything is condensed this season and each game honestly feels really important if we want to be in the playoff chase...as of now though, our D does NOT look good (exemplifies with Edler not returning to this game).

Oh for sure, our D is not looking good at all.  I mean that last goal is on Quinn, and we are seeing him muscled off the puck a lot this game.  

I'm not too upset though, it's a really fun game to watch.  Our forwards are playing well. 

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Benning needs to replace Tanev. Either through UFA or trades, because Canucks defensive play has been brutal this year. We had weak D with Tanev in, without Tanev we dont even have a D to rely on for defensive responsibilities. Hamonic isnt it, we need a Suter type D man.

Would be nice but no team is gonna give away an elite defensive defenseman without overpaying. Gotta find a real sucker of a gm. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Newell and Baumer 

Goodness, those 2 honestly should get going. Baumer is lucky to have a Vezina like performance by Marky for the past 2 seasons. Brown has THREE Calder/finalists in his arsenal on the PP, but still the same stale deployment.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Oh for sure, our D is not looking good at all.  I mean that last goal is on Quinn, and we are seeing him muscled off the puck a lot this game.  

I'm not too upset though, it's a really fun game to watch.  Our forwards are playing well. 

so strength is an issue then...did he not work on that this past off-season? 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

When owners get involved with something they don't know anything about, or don't have experience in, that's when things usually get pretty messy. Look at Ottawa as a case study with Melynk. There were rumors that Aquilini's meddled as well. 

At the end of the day, their team, their money.