The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, KILLER said:

Canucks are an enigma. Just don't want to be great or elite. If most of the guys tried as hard as Motte does Every shift...we'd be on the cusp instead of on the precipice. 

From what ive seen montreal is a team full of slightly more skilled mottes. So we would be in the same position as right now. No elite talent on that roster.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Scotty Bowman never played, Gretzky was a terrible coach. 

Baumer still sucks though 

The only way Baumer goes is if Green fires him right? 

Or can Benning fire Baumer? 

Just now, canuktravella said:

no clue  i feel like most of canucks youngsters are snake bitten its all on coaches in juniors jake scored and hit everything  they coached that out of him he could be our tom wilson. Then there is petey hes been turning into sedins getting to cute shoot the puck no coach is calming him down tell him to shoot then there is the defensive coverage looks like atoms out there  time to fire baumer. O ya and vets  do little or nothing sutter roussel  beagle earn  the 10.25 mill ur wasting in our lineup. 

time to sit sutter  and  roussel id rather play bailey and jasek maybe they would try instead of mailing it in.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Again? Boy, it feels like Montréal has momentum going into the third. Hoping the boys can win back momentum. If they come out sloppy in the third period, Montréal is going to take advantage and bury them. They smell blood right now. 

Yeah, good chance the coaches will overplay the same guys and hope Holtby steals this one - so predictable.  Montreal will be upping the pressure in the third...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd say our best line outside of a few spurts from the 1st line.  

I don't mind how we're playing for 95% of the game, but then we go ahead and give up a cross-crease tap-in. 

Yup exactly, playing a pretty good game then 1 mistake & they capitalize. Or we take a penalty :lol:

Need to tighten up.

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

After 15 games, this team may be too far behind the 8 ball to make it to the postseason. 

If they go on a long losing streak and Edler injury, you might be right. We lost way too many key players and basically downgraded....look at Toffoli ffs

Just now, gregthehockeynut said:

Hindsight being 20/20 I think the Tanev loss is hurting us the most. None of the replacement D have stepped up yet

on the pk. Another pk forward to replace one the aging retreads in the bottom six should have happened as well.

Schmidt and Hamonic are struggling big time to fit into Green's system. But I have to figure they'll eventually get comfortable and solidify this core better than it currently is.