The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Could Hoglander be the next Bure like thing in Vancouver.... Bure was an exciting player to watch, Hoglander is looking like an exciting player to watch as well.... Wait until Hoglander pulls the behind the net goal :frantic: maybe it happens tonight :ph34r:

That's a lofty comparison! I'll take another alien, thank you!

2 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Granted he hasn't played all that well for us yet, but he was really playing well when he was in Vegas.  At least what I saw of him.  But it can't just be me because he was one of the leaders of a good team in ice time.  I don't think it's a case of that Vegas were wanting to get rid of him.  More like they couldn't afford to keep him.  I'm going to give him a bit of a pass until he adjusts to a new team.  I'm still expecting big things from him once he gets his legs under him.  Go Canucks Go!

He seems much better on his offside which was commen knowledge. Not sure why they insist on him and Myers together, they don't look good together.

We need dmen that think the game like hoglander. He knows how to create space and where his teammate are going to be. Currently you can tell they look up and spend that second thinking what to do, and in that amount of time the opposition already is in that spot/ lane. All it ever results in is a turnover.

• Cheers 1

From a coaching perspective, this is our best period defensively all season from the aspect of player coverage. The only reason why it sucked is because we had a boatload of unforced turnovers from the back end. You clear that up and they lose half of their shots. 

Stat wise, defense looked horrible, but it's a huge improvement from 5 games ago. Absolutely huge. Demko had one, maybe two difficult saves (one ultimately led to a goal) and that was off a bad faceoff setup but overall Winnepeg is playing well offensively and we are stifling their good chances. 

Coverage is a million times better. 

• Cheers 2